Topic: Begining Manufacturing

I just started trying to manufacture was hopeing someone could help

To manufacture I need to install a CT in a factory.
CT is made by Reverse engineering, needs an existing product and a decoder.

So what is a Prototype used for, the help files tell me how to make one but not why.
If I am trying to make something which has never been made before, then a prototype is required, but if I just want to make small ammo, do I need a prototype?

Re: Begining Manufacturing

try to reverse an item that has not "standard" in its name, and is not a Robot or Ammo.

you could also read the text in the RE dropbox for the item:
"Drag a standard or prototype item here."

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

For ammo, you need 1000 units to create a CT + the decoder. The documentation says this but the wording isn't very clear; You need a full production run's worth. Ammo produces 1000 rounds per run, so you need 1000 to make a CT.

Creating a prototype is expensive. If you are making just standard items, T1, it is always cheaper to buy one on the market and use that for the CT.

You must consume kernels to learn how to make prototypes, which is another expense. However if you are making a CT for Tiered items, a new item, or something you can't find on the market, then you must learn from kernels until that item is known 100%.

Thanks guys

Standard modules, ammo, mechs reverse engineering is cheaper than prototype
Everything else requires a prototype