Topic: Point of View of a Nub Crafter

I'll share my history as a newbie crafter to hope the devs learn something(i'll quit).
I allocated all attributes on industry/mining(was planning to make a combat alt later on) and soon i find i have 0 basic recipes.
Quite disappointing ,but soon i find i can do research using enemy kernels,so i go kill mobs till i got some research at 100%.
I still can't start production, so i guess i have to do a prototype 1st(like blueprints on eve).
I go farm materials for hours till i'm finally able to start a prototype of gun ammo.
Then i try drag&drop the prototype in production window. that don't work so i search in game guide and forum for more info and find out that the only way to start production is with reverse ingeneering and a decoder(even if i've research 100% and i've prototype).
Reading forums i find that materials to make mid-high stuff is located on beta islands too(pvp)
Here's some advices to make crafting something players can enjoy:
1) if research is 100% and you have prototype you can start production
2) allocating points in research should grant you the basic recipes
3) some missions should give you recipes as rewards
4) don't force crafters to do pvp

Re: Point of View of a Nub Crafter

You don't have to pvp to be on a beta island.
You could join an industry corp that is in an alliance that holds a beta island.

Production and research is even too easy techique wise and painfully and boring linear atm.

You dont need to pvp to make basic items (standard)... which you can sell to gain money which you can then spend to buy kernals, and then you can start to make t2 items and so on

You can buy pretty much everything you need to off the market when starting out as an industrial character.

The only thing you will find hard as a solo industrialist is prototyping named items. You would either need to join a corp, or find someone to sell you prototypes.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

if i do the crafter job is why i want to sell things in market,not the other way.
as the game is now i have to use reverse ingeneering to craft stuff, thus making research and prototypes useless.i'll never be able to learn a recipe.
this kill the fun for me.
i'm not so patient to wait for months for basic stuff to get fixed(if they'll ever do it), so good luck and cya all

Iguarn wrote:

if i do the crafter job is why i want to sell things in market,not the other way.
as the game is now i have to use reverse ingeneering to craft stuff, thus making research and prototypes useless.i'll never be able to learn a recipe.
this kill the fun for me.
i'm not so patient to wait for months for basic stuff to get fixed(if they'll ever do it), so good luck and cya all

It's not supposed to be a cottage industry. Ideally something like this:

Player A mines materials, refines it, sells stuff on the market -> Player B buys the materials, manufactures items, sells on the market for a profit -> Player C buys the manufactured items, blows stuff up in PvP or PvE. If the latter, he gets a bunch of kernals and decoders and sells them on the market -> Player B buys the kernals.

Etc and so forth.

Altenatively, join a corp with access to beta.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978