Topic: Drones & combiner teams, let me hear your thoughts too

i was thinking of a combiner drive which would link all units in the team to a core unit. The movement of all tied to the core unit. The bonuses of the combination would depend on the units and the form chosen. The form chosen could be dependent on a template loaded into the combiner drive. The combiner drive would most likely be a leg slot item which would increase the mass of a unit by a certain amount and only be active for a short while.
possible forms:
   Bunker: No movement, reduced recharge time, Bonus to Armor
   Turtle: slight movement, lesser bonuses to recharge time & armor than bunker
   Giant Biped: Bonus to weapon, targeting, and signal detection ranges

I also thought being restricted to player teams might be a problem. I thought perhaps the use of subordinate units whose abilities are penalized due to multitasking drawbacks. Targeting would alos be limited to primary targets and not be able to switch ammo types once launched. From what i've seen the npc drones stay relatively close to thier spawn point, could the spawn point be changed to the owner PC? the spawn rate would need to be disabled. The Subordinate Link would likely be a head slot item which would heavily penalize all skill levels.

Re: Drones & combiner teams, let me hear your thoughts too

Go Go Power Rangers?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Go Go Power Rangers?

Even Zoom is trolling now.
What have the forums come to.

I thought it was a well laid out post and even though the ideas don't suit this game it was a good effort.

The Game

And some people still can't tell the difference between humor and trolling.

Sorry for being human, carry on with the topic.

.... searching for the 10 other topics about this.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

or link plants to a robot if you don;t have enough cpu to use stealth module

cheers