Topic: Update blog

You have now distracted us with some juicy drama, but can we have our developer content update blog post now please.

I'm much more interested in knowing what changes are coming to PVE as well as additional points of conflict to generate more PVP.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Update blog

Indeed, i would like to see more posts on some stuff i'm hoping for, such as :

Player Build Structures + Territory Control, Terraforming,  Destroyers, More (Hopefully Bigger) Islands, AoE weaponary etc etc.

It's coming, don't worry. If not today, then hopefully tomorrow, but this week the latest.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Mines and minefields me want tongue

There we go.

Nice! Especially i <3 artifacts and EC idea.
At last we will have a one BIG reason to fight for outposts: no just for pew-pew, but for new and valuable currency.
Awaiting announces about next patch with bigbigbig interest.

some nice features indeed but no more mines / minefields stuff as it was stated in another post a month or so ago ? neutral

8 (edited by Seridur 2011-02-15 16:38:30)

Very nice smile. I just wish more islands came earlier. they don't need to be perfect, you can make them to that later.
also if we are already searching for artifacts what about scanning down teleports which would lead to smaller islands with some pve content and possible nice reward? ok i know it's not original idea smile, but still would be nice to have something like this.

Promised and delivered on time.

Thank you!!

*tips hat and rides into the sunset*

Nice Blog !
Nice Info !

but I agree that moar Landmass shuld moove up on priority, like in beeing first priority.... the rest sounds good and very promising!

looking forward to the changes

cya in game soon

Many thanks. It looks like some interesting additions are coming this year.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Thanks for those informations, which brings great hope for the future of a game that is just born and waiting to evolve and mutate to become even better.

14 (edited by Container 2011-02-16 05:28:30)

Some of the features show promise.
In particular EC and artifacts which could be the needed motivation to be in beta and own outposts.  And terraforming.  And of course new islands.

Artillery, New weapons could be good or could be terrible for game balance.

Hybrid robots - what are you thinking.  Robots are balanced between races by having the bad parts balancing out the good parts.  Hybrid robots in some abstract ideal is imagined to result in variety.  But the reality is that min/maxing will result in only a 1-2 OP cookie cutter fits being used that you cannot possibly nerf without rolling back the entire feature.  Hybrid robots is a good idea at face value but actually a game-wrecker.

New robot classes or new features added to current robot classes would be a much much better idea (which it appears you are doing with artillery and new weapons).

Hybrid robots - what are you thinking.  Robots are balanced between races by having the bad parts balancing out the good parts.  Hybrid robots in some abstract ideal is imagined to result in variety.  But the reality is that min/maxing will result in only a 1-2 OP cookie cutter fits being used that you cannot possibly nerf without rolling back the entire feature.  Hybrid robots is a good idea at face value but actually a game-wrecker.

There's a very good reason why the feature is in the game engine for 3 years now and it's still not publicly available smile We won't introduce it as long as we haven't found a proper way for it.

The new energy part seams exiting but I find it a bit strange that there isn't a part for the industrial player in it. You would think that making, converting, transferring energy is an industrial process.

Naruby wrote:

The new energy part seams exiting but I find it a bit strange that there isn't a part for the industrial player in it. You would think that making, converting, transferring energy is an industrial process.

dont know what you mean with industrial - the blog says you either own an outpost, or you collect it. To find artifac fragments you need a geoscanner - to collect them, probably mining equipment, to transport it a hauler - to gain something from it - a production line.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

18 (edited by Arga 2011-02-16 19:51:17)

"Using fragments of a rare kind of crystalline material, which can be charged with energy and can be found through artifact scanning mentioned above, you have to go out to shiny energy fields, deploy the crystal and wait until it’s fully charged, then return it to a terminal. Of course indigenous Nians also like to be around these energy-rich areas, so you won’t have an easy time doing this."

I see what you mean, there isn't anything for the production player listed here. But it does involve the industry players. You will likely need to a sequar or better to move any volume of the crystal, but hopefully the artifact digs do not require large cargo bots.

19 (edited by Caetan 2011-02-16 20:15:59)

I would like to see the addition of MORE ISLANDS far further up the priority list !

It will open up the world and give smaller groups a chance to establish new alliances in new territories.

I'd also really like to see 1 or 2 of the new islands being "no build/no base" areas, i.e. you can only teleport in and exploit resources (NPC's, minerals or other players). Everything you gain there has to be transported off the island.

Make 1 island only accessible from beta territories, and the other only accessible from alpha, but make the resources/NPC's equal to beta islands, and both have the same pvp rules as beta.

It is a catch 22 situation. Getting more land would probably attract more people back to the game, but there isn't enough population at the moment to support more land.

By support more land, I mean we don't need more resources at this time. If the land doesn't have resources on it, there's not much incentive to go there.

If POS was implemented though, then that would be a reason to have more land.

As long as POS and land are in the same patch, that would be good.