Topic: Molecular instability bug

After i deployed from a Beta Outpost and the molecular instability debuff was active two players could instantly attack and kill me before the molecular instability debuff was weared offme, but i was not be able to dock back in the station. There must be some bug in molecular instability...

Re: Molecular instability bug

When you deploy from a station you have two conditions - protection and a molecular insability timer.

If you move or activate any modules you will lose your protection, but not your molecular instability.

This will allow players to kill you, even though you cannot dock. Also, your protection runs out a few seconds before your molecular instability, so there is a small window when players with enough fire power can alpha strike you before you dock again.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-12 20:29:19)

Puchu wrote:

After i deployed from a Beta Outpost and the molecular instability debuff was active two players could instantly attack and kill me before the molecular instability debuff was weared offme, but i was not be able to dock back in the station. There must be some bug in molecular instability...

I am amazed your alliance or corporation could answer this question sooner than the forums but as Campana said.

Protection and Instability are two different things. If you deploy and DON'T move you have both. The moment you move or active a module or lock something you will lose your protection but won't be able to teleport or dock due to instability.

NPC also don't see you until you move which is great when there are observers outside.

The Game

It's true, molecular instability and syndicate protection are two different things. Only the latter one means that others can't harm you. It just became clearer in the help under "The terrain and the rules" section.