Topic: Signal Detection / Signal Masking

Several questions, not covered by Item descritption, nor blog, nor help:

1. how does "locking someone" affect my signal masking value?
    - I heard it has an effect, but its nowhere documented
    - if not, its a missing feature

2. why is the "only one module per bot allowed" not in the item description?

3. how strong is the effect of interference on signal masking?
    sorry, don't have a big enough corp by the hand to test that myself, nor can i afford to buy that module just for that test

4. how does it affect NPCs aggro range?

5. what are the signal masking values for Teleport beacon, Interference drone, field container.

6. can we have a signal masking bonus during syndicate protection + "molecular instability"?

7. not so serious question: why didn't you give industrial mechs a "glow" effect ?
    they are like shining beacons on the radar now.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Signal Detection / Signal Masking

Annihilator wrote:

- If you're locked you can see the enemy locking you no matter their range. (You can see each other if one side locks the other

- This isn't documented but they are unique modules.

sorry, don't have a big enough corp by the hand to test that myself, nor can i afford to buy that module just for that test
    - No effect on masking. Only effects detection. Maximum is a 50% reduction

- They still seem to aggro at their old ranges depending which roboy. Masking doesn't seem to effect this but NPC's are NPC's. They are made by Hungarians. They could do ANYTHING..

5. what are the signal masking values for Teleport beacon, Interference drone, field container.
    All items have 100/100 meaning that they're like seeing assaults from whichever robot.

6. can we have a signal masking bonus during syndicate protection + "molecular instability"?
    I can see why you might want this. Syndicate protection could give a 50% increase to masking for added stealth but it won't change anything in the long run.

7. not so serious question: why didn't you give industrial mechs a "glow" effect ?
    The Lithus has headlights. Is this not good enough? smile

The Game

Re: Signal Detection / Signal Masking

Alexander wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

- If you're locked you can see the enemy locking you no matter their range. (You can see each other if one side locks the other
    - Interesting point is you can not be seen while locking, only while locked. This makes you able to run a sneak tackle without a sensor amp.

- This isn't documented but they are unique modules.
    - You can fit more than one actually and on tackle its not always a bad idea

- No effect on masking. Only effects detection. Maximum is a 50% reduction

- They still seem to aggro at their old ranges depending which roboy. Masking doesn't seem to effect this but NPC's are NPC's. They are made by Hungarians. They could do ANYTHING..

All items have 100/100 meaning that they're like seeing assaults from whichever robot.

I can see why you might want this. Syndicate protection could give a 50% increase to masking for added stealth but it won't change anything in the long run.

The Lithus has headlights. Is this not good enough? smile

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."