Topic: Several extensions broken?

Several extensions seem to be broken.  Namely the ones that give 5% bonuses, thou I'm not entirely sure how many of them are broken, but it seems to me that the following are:
* Accelerated reloading
* Accelerated target locking
* Rapid Firing
5 points in each would reasonably give a 25% reduction bonus, but they do not
I have 5 in each and only get a 20% reduction bonus, but 4% is not what they give, nor do they ignore the 1st point spent, as I initially expected, but upon further inspection and information from other players, their bonus % is different at different extension levels.  Also, they aren't giving % per previous %.  IE, it's not taking Target Locking-5%-5%-5%-5% etc. per level.

Common sense is the least common of all the senses.

Re: Several extensions broken?

last time i checked accelerated reloading, my reload time was exactly what i had calculated.

im not at home, so i can't check the numbers, but will do later when i have access to them.

btw: the displayed bonus is always correct,  because the numbers in description texts are variables, linked to the actual used ones. If they change one (like eg. the accumulator bonus on special ops) they don't have to care about the descriptions beeing wrong.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Annihilator 2011-02-02 18:38:22)

- checked accelerated reload: its rounding the numbers. lvl5 would be 7.5s - displayed as 8s
(note: remember from beta - maxed extension, reload time 5s)
- checked accelerated target locking: 12,5 / 1,25 = 10.00 (exactly the displayed)
(note: sensor amps are more complicated)
- Rapid fire is afaik summed up with general firering, and multiplied with faction bonus.
my spreadsheets giving me exact ingame values so i see no bug here.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Apart from accelerated reloading not displaying correctly is that when they say "Reduce XYZ by X%" it really means "Reduce XYZ by something around X% but also possibly much lower depending what we do with X and when we apply the bonus."

That would remove complaints. *Nod*

The Game

I'm sorry, maybe the math teachers across the globe teach math differently, but 25% of 12.5 = 3.125 not 1.25.  Reduction indicates (-) minus.  12.5 (-) minus 25% (3.125) = 9.375 not 10
I get the exact same results from the other extensions as well.  So clearly the "formula" isn't A-%=X as indicated by the wording of the extension.  Can you elaborate on the proper formula for me?

Yes, if the formula Recognizer showed us and what Annihilator is using is right, then the wording is bad.
Instead of saying this skill will reduce the cycle time by 5%, it would be much more precise to say this skill will reduce the cylce time by something between 0 and 5. much better smile
Because it will never be 5%, not even if it's the first modifier on the skill, 5% reduction is not calculated as

X * (1-0,05), but X/ (1+0,05) which is 4,76% reduction
The second 5% will be 4,36% and getting lower

Yep, that works.  Base stat/(1+total extension modifier)

8 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-03 18:24:49)

A quick image I put together to describe the situation better

Numbers SHOULD be correct.
Blue line is current. Red is what the text suggests should happen. The lower the line the more amps. Each amp gives a static 35%. If it works any other way there is more than 1 type of logic happening which had lead to many fails already in this game.

The Game

i suggest to mention that it has dimishing returns from the first level on wink

Not necessarily a bug but efficient energy transfer doesn't effect neutralisers, shouldn't it?
There is absolutely no skill for neuts/drainers then other then convergent electrostatics that you could train up to help energy warfare specifically and all other types of ewarfare seem to have such a skill.

11 (edited by Dont do a weed 2011-02-14 21:48:36)

disregard this post