Re: What do you expect from PvP in a sandbox

Jita wrote:

It should matter when you lose

Islands should exist as archipelago's and not land masses. There should be a lot more stations with some being strategically important due to their links.

I like this idea of making multiple smaller islands ... which would mean that travelling through them would mean strategically important islands would emerge.

Slow robot speeds are a huge obstacle in this game
compared to EVE the larger ships are viable because they have warping

the only comparable solution to that in perpetuum is mobile teleport units and those are too massive to be useful for small scale operations.

The implementation of player built roads or accelerators that act as a fast travel point between areas allows greater distances to be covered and not forcing ewar bots to be the only way to get across an area in a reasonable amount of time

Dont do a weed wrote:

The implementation of player built roads or accelerators that act as a fast travel point between areas allows greater distances to be covered and not forcing ewar bots to be the only way to get across an area in a reasonable amount of time

+1 good idea- all bots could stand to be a little faster.

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

to bad mobile teleporters got nerfed down to...
- too expensive
- too much restrictions to use them
- since the removal of the teleport safezones there last use was also removed...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Tiggus wrote:

Numerous small scale pvp objectives that give nice rewards.  Mines in shadowbane essentially for those familiar with the best siege pvp game ever made.

3-4 mines per beta island.  Vulnerability windows open for 1-2 hours at a time per mine staggered throughout the day.  Make the mine a active hacking node and the first person to hack it locks it down until the next vulnerability window 1 day hence.  Mine produces different ore types(titan,hdt,epriton,etc.) which is deposited into corp storage for controlling corporation every hour/day.

Only thing I would change about this is instead of the mine teleporting the resource to what ever outpost the owning corp designates, have ownership of the mine only give the corp members access to the mines own storage facility. So every minute/hour the mine deposits a fixed amount of a resource into its own storage facility which then the owning corp has access to and has to haul to the outpost they want it at. If ownership of the mine switches corps before everything is hauled then the new corp has access to all the remaining resources.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Snowstyle wrote:
Tiggus wrote:

Numerous small scale pvp objectives that give nice rewards.  Mines in shadowbane essentially for those familiar with the best siege pvp game ever made.

3-4 mines per beta island.  Vulnerability windows open for 1-2 hours at a time per mine staggered throughout the day.  Make the mine a active hacking node and the first person to hack it locks it down until the next vulnerability window 1 day hence.  Mine produces different ore types(titan,hdt,epriton,etc.) which is deposited into corp storage for controlling corporation every hour/day.

Only thing I would change about this is instead of the mine teleporting the resource to what ever outpost the owning corp designates, have ownership of the mine only give the corp members access to the mines own storage facility. So every minute/hour the mine deposits a fixed amount of a resource into its own storage facility which then the owning corp has access to and has to haul to the outpost they want it at. If ownership of the mine switches corps before everything is hauled then the new corp has access to all the remaining resources.

Ya, this makes it even better as you'll have to have regular ops to guard the haulers.

Fighting over these mines was an awesome part of shadow bane. And, because of the frequency of these events you typically had smaller scale fights instead of large scale blobs.

I would be thrilled if we got this feature implemented. It'd even be cool if they did one or two of them on alpha. (less resources that it can hold, and slower production) but make it so that attempting to hack it flags you and this would be a source of pvp contention outside of the beta islands.

Great idea guys... Dev's let me know how many red bull's this will take, i'll fund it, i'd really like to see this feature.

Seamus OKeefe wrote:
Jita wrote:

It should matter when you lose

Islands should exist as archipelago's and not land masses. There should be a lot more stations with some being strategically important due to their links.

I like this idea of making multiple smaller islands ... which would mean that travelling through them would mean strategically important islands would emerge.

This would just further the problem of gate camping and remove a lot of the uniqueness of being able to navigate around and go dark on enemy islands. If you have to jump through to every stations, mini island, it'll be eve all over again...boring...