1 (edited by JSands 2010-11-22 13:51:47)

Topic: Exploit of Armor-Repairing Mobs

This was tested on a Mech (Kain Firestorm 1st Star) on the island of New Virginia. There is one lone Mech on the eastern part of the island.

The problem with killing this mech is that its armor repair kicks in around 60%-75% and is impossible to beat with my castel. However, I noticed that if I engage the mob until it starts repairing, then run away until it loses lock, and finally re-engage, it will not attempt to use the armor repair again.

As I have only tested this tactic against this one spawn, I cannot comment as to whether or not it works against other armor repair mobs. However, I am drawn towards the assumption that this is a bug in the AI, rather than with this one particular spawn.

Re: Exploit of Armor-Repairing Mobs

This is an interesting bug with the AI. However there are far better ways to make NIC than killing a Mech with a light robot. But that's another story. (NIC per hour forever!)

The AI isn't perfect yet but it's much improved. Would be interesting to see them using armour repairers properly and have a limited amount of AP. Honestly some NPC spawns can PVP better than some players if you're not paying attention.

The Game

Re: Exploit of Armor-Repairing Mobs

hmmm, interesting! noted