Topic: Setting Homebase bug

I have my homebase set to Abbuthilla, and when I killed myself near ICS alpha terminal I spawned at ICS Alpha terminal. So I had to walk back to Abbuthilla outpost. When I got there I check my profile and my homebase was indeed set to Abbuthilla outpost. So I decided to perform a test and kill myself again at abbuthilla, and I did spawn this time at abuthilla. so I then went to Truhold mark Alpha terminal and docked and undocked, and killed my self there which I have never bound myself to ever. Sure enough I spawned at Tuhold-mark, so the conclussion is I am spawning at the closest terminal.

I am not curtain if i am just bugged and if I set my home base again will correct it, or this will happen again if I log off. but this are the step I tested and seems true.

1. set homebase.
2. goto another base like an alpha terminal.
3. dock into terminal and then undock.
4. suicide on NPC's Near terminal.

When I did this I spawn at the terminal I was closest to, or last docked to.

I am sure you guys can probably have better ways to test this issue.

Re: Setting Homebase bug

I also noticed I am getting a replacement Arkhe immediately as well not waiting the 10 minutes.

isn't the "you can't set homebase at another corp owned outpost" game mechanic already implemented?

Abbuthilla's owner is not -CS-

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Sarque 2011-02-07 21:32:31)

Having a similar issue, but only after the last patch, as it would seem. Setting homebase at ICS Alpha and getting killed near Koykili Outpost gets me spawned at the outpost with the base still set at alpha. Like you spawn at the nearest outpost/base.

I have had this issue as well with two of my characters, both times respawning at ICS Alpha despite my homebase being set elsewhere.

When i set Homebase From ICS to Moyar i end up in ICS.
But when i do it from any other station i end up in Moyar..

I think ICS is the problem somehow seeing from previous posts.

*Warhawkz is not responsible for wasted time while reading his posts.

Grazskin wrote:

I also noticed I am getting a replacement Arkhe immediately as well not waiting the 10 minutes.

If you have an available bot its not supposed to give you arkhe. If none available its supposed to give you one immediately. The 10 minute thing is if you die multiple times in small period of time I think.

well im glad im not the only one to see this *** bug....Tried it last night, and went through 2 arks before I gave up, quick trips back home are good....but yeah

This issue is effecting everyone. It seems that setting your home location doesn't work until you set your home location again. Rather than your home location be the current position it remains as the last position it was set to.

The Game