Topic: Extension Reset

At the time when it came to light we would be able to reset our characters to fix our mistakes (if made) and regain all of our EP, I came up with an idea to make this a permanent feature.

1. You can only recover the EP from skills 1 point at a time.

2. You need to pay nic based on how much EP you will get from that skill point. Higher skill point removal costs more. I mean, even 10k nic per EP recieved from a skill would not be unreasonable, imo.

3. You do not recieve the EP all in one chunk. What happens is it goes into a "pool". So you would still gain your regular EP at 1/min and you would have a pool of EP that you regain at 1 EP/ min. So for the duration of that point being reset you would get an effective 2EP per minute until the EP from that point is gone from the pool.

4. You cannot reset a skill to zero.

Sure there are consequences for your actions, this is why many didn't want the reset to be available, but it was a good move on the devs team to allow people to feel like they wanted to play the game without a massive wait to fix their mistakes. We all know there are mistakes you can make in life that with a little time and effort you CAN fix. Even the worst case of going out and stabbing someone can be fixed by serving your time in jail or doing whatever the judge sentences you to. Effectively, that criminal fixed and payed for his/her mistakes and can be forgiven.

My suggestion allows for people to make an effort in needing to use Nic to pay for that point to be reset, only 1 point at a time, and the EP regains over time so it's not an instant gratification that I think is what turns many off of the whole idea all together. There is also a permanent consequence in you cannot reset a skill to zero so there is a certain amount of EP that will be permanently lost in any mistake. There is also the potential the ability to reset certain skills is only availble at certain outposts.

2 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-19 01:27:29)

Re: Extension Reset

Then whats the rule governing how many levels  you can recover?  Half the ep spent? Half the most levels youve had? More?

Doesnt sound like a terriblle idea.

1k per ep sounds reasonable.  1.4mil nic for each day of ep.

->You just lost The Game<-

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-19 03:05:43)

1000 NIC per EP 'pooled' sounds reasonable.
Limit it so that you cannot remove extensions completely and the lowest you can take them depends on extension in question. Each extensions could have a new attribute called "Maximum Reversal" which then would limit the level you can reduce an extension to.

If the extension has not been reached above the Maximum Reversal level it cannot be reversed.

Most extensions should then be limited to 5 and a check would need to be put in place just like the prerequisite check already in the game so that you cannot remove an extension used by another extension. The pool should have no maximum but should be displayed next to available EP in brackets.

This means that you'd get 2 EP a minute while there was EP in the EP pool. This means that the average players cannot just respec his character without massive time and NIC investment. smile

The Game

4 (edited by Shmoob 2011-01-19 13:59:25)

well, getting a skill to 5 isn't half of getting that skill to 10 so I don't know if that's valid. But say it's a complexity of 1, then you can de-level the skill to 1, or if complexity is 5, then you can only go as low as 5.

Shmoob wrote:

well, getting a skill to 5 isn't half of getting that skill to 10 so I don't know if that's valid. But say it's a complexity of 1, then you can de-level the skill to 1, or if complexity is 5, then you can only go as low as 5.

Or have it in reverse as complexity 1 is much easier to get than complexity 9 extensions perhaps do 10 - Complexity and that's the amount you can lower a skill to. or just remove the minimum and allow all extensions to be put to 1 (Unless it conflicts with another extension prerequisite.)

The Game

Shmoob wrote:

It isn't half, it's 1/15th smile