Topic: Tractor Beams

How about a tractor beam that can pull robots from within teleport safe zones (or anywhere else for that matter).  Make them weak on their own, but stackable.  Could be that they can only get traction after the molecular density debuff thing  wears off to give some teleport protection imediatley after porting in but would help prevent long term camping.

Re: Tractor Beams

Neat idea, but I am willing to bet they are already working on another solution for these safe zones around the TP's.

Guess we'll just to wait and see.. I think we're due for a patch tomorrow?

Seems like an overcomplicated system for what could be fixed by simply rebalancing protection. Not sure what they could to do. Maybe make it so you can attack people inside protection zones but it gives you something much worse than a PVP flag or something that lasts longer.

The Game

Imagine a team of intakts pulling a sequer 130kph.

NIAditarod anyone?  Mush!

->You just lost The Game<-

Xini Nemesis wrote:

How about a tractor beam that can pull robots from within teleport safe zones (or anywhere else for that matter).  Make them weak on their own, but stackable.  Could be that they can only get traction after the molecular density debuff thing  wears off to give some teleport protection imediatley after porting in but would help prevent long term camping.

I remember asking for this jokingly back in beta with the old police tower zones. The thought of a dozen intakts dragging a gropho by the legs out of safety is a damn funny one. lol

Obviously it wouldn't really work, they would just teleport out as they get locked. Still a humorous idea nonetheless.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Well, they can get some "pulling" effect that gives them no chance to take a teleport, and also that beam can be installed to industrial robots only big_smile

Have a productive day, Runner

Intakt has 2 Industry slots and 1 medium misc slot. I am sure there would be a way to fit at least 1 per Intakt. It's a fun idea but there are other ways around this. smile

The Game