Topic: Hard coded server ip

Hi!
the perpetuum client connects directly to the ip of gameserverc.perpetuum-online.com
(195.228.152.153) without resolving the dns name,
any chance of changing this to a dns name so i can bounce traffic, i notice you condone the use of 'anonymising' vpn software, so you shouldn't have any issues with people bouncing traffic..
Regards
    Hoover

Re: Hard coded server ip

At the moment we cannot do that, but it's something to consider.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

On another note, we do not CONDONE the use of VPN software, but right now (given that we're still running on a fairly unoptimized network) for some people that's the only way to gain access to the game. Because of this, it is TOLERATED, but it's not CONDONED.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

You could set the relation in your HOSTS file yourself if you wanted. Do a search for 'edit HOSTS file' and you'll find how to do it. Just remember if they change IPs down the road, you'll have to go in and change it again.

That's a really conflicted response Dev Gargaj. Dev Zoom put up some links to run some VPN for the aussie players, and I have tried it (didnt work out too well for me). Since the OP is in HARL, he'd be an Aussie as well - I would think he is trying to cut down on the 400 ping, as well as rubber banding. My point is, saying you do not condone VPN, but you tolerate it, and another Dev including it in another thread is just a tad confusing - Some clarification might need to be had so no one miss-intentionally runs afoul and breaks any rules.