Topic: new CT icons

Currently the number of different CT symbols/icons is very limited. Different cans or robot as far as I can see. The result is that we have to read the titles to find a specific CT. This will become painful as soon as more and more people have more and more CTs in their containers.

An easy way to improve this could be to simply take the image of the item that can be produced with the CT, transform it into grayscale and display it with blue color (or any other).

This could be done on the fly each time a CT symbol is displayed. So there is no need to actually create new symbols.

Re: new CT icons

/signed

while we're at it, we could go ahead and just rename the game to stEVE too, right?

Quelthas wrote:

while we're at it, we could go ahead and just rename the game to stEVE too, right?

Where did that come from? Its a valid point to raise. No reason to not have it done this way.

Quelthas wrote:

Funny, I have never played EVE.

6 (edited by Annihilator 2011-01-12 00:01:52)

i would add here - please different colored CTs,

either depending on the tier of the item (t1)/(t2)/(t3)/(T4)/(unique)
or depending on the remaining CT quality - gradient from red (1%) to cyan (50%) to green (100%)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Why not both at the same time? Some "Tn"-identifyer at the top-left/right corner and the color to display the remaining quality?
But then, why not show the tier of the item on the normal images aswell?

8 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-12 10:22:53)

Yeah. Items can have extra information overlaid on them.
Would be nice to see a CT with "ME: 60 TE: 60" overlaid on it. And to sort CT's by overall quality when in a hanger.
And damage items for that matter.

The Game