Topic: Animations

Hey guys,

I personally think there could be some additions and improvements to the animations. You may have already thought of these but this is my 2 cents, however i can only speak for the Mech animations as havent seen the Heavies yet!

Improvements:

When my Mech is walking there is no sense of "weight" to the Mech, becuz of the ways its animated. The Mech glides rather than stomps the ground. It also travels too much distance for the length of the walk cycle, which adds to this gliding look. There is no Toe-push to the cycle which also adds to the glide feel. Id also like to see a puff of dust on each foot-down, which would help to ground the Mech more.. But obviously i understand that this would have to be a feature that you cud turn ON or OFF in options, due to possible FPS lag during large engagements.

I personnaly think the Tyrannos walks like an 80's wind up robot, and the Kain's "arms" (medium guns) shouldnt swing like it's human.. I think they shud be more rigid and react with a slight bounce with the pounding of the steps.. Basically make them feel like there 4Tonne Mechs.. thats what id like to see improved anyways.

Additional Animations Features:

Some kind of "rest" animation where it lowers its profile? Ability to lower profile?

Weapon "charge-up" animations i.e an effect that builds up on an EM weapon after firing>next shot?

Ill post again later if i can think of more.. I understand these are just cosmetic, but i think they would add a greater feel to the game play smile

Re: Animations

My 10 coins:
Its need to improve laser, bullet and magnetic shots animations. For now, i think, rocket launches looks like more cool than  other weapon shots.