Topic: Forum Management

Hey all.

Okay I had a thought for the Forum Reps.

I have talked to quiet a few GM's over the last month and they all seem to say that the forums and the players who post on it are an invaluable source of ideas and help for them.

This is nice to hear but one thing you should know about us gamers is in my experience that we are all, to one degree or another, attention starved little girls who desperately want approval from daddy... who in this case is the DEV team.

But daddy has lots and lots of children, so cant give us all the attention we want. So what to do?

Answer: If you do adopt an idea from a player or maybe a forum discussion... credit it! Tell us where you got the idea. Say thank you! Be as specific as you can. Try to avoid things like'We thank the players for this idea.' Cos that just sounds empty and fake. Use names!

Trust me when I say it will work WONDERS for forum moral, and player loyalty!

Seamus (Rik)

Re: Forum Management

In my experience dev's will do what they are gona do regardless.  They cant just stop what they are doing and start fleshing out a good idea.

The things which make devs sit up and pay attention to most is QQ, you look at all the recent changes with PO and they are all nearly in response to negative feedback. *whine* - respec *whine* - arke's *whine* - blobbing  *whine* - *lag*   Not that any of the changes are bad things!  But does go to show that Dev's respond more to complaints than anything.

Besides, any positive idea you put forward is most often trolled.  there is no such things as "community discussion" Its either *be trolled* or *be ignored*

Sade wrote:

Besides, any positive idea you put forward is most often trolled.  there is no such things as "community discussion" Its either *be trolled* or *be ignored*

Which is something I brought up in another post. I think this is an important way we can help the game. Be more active on the forums!

I'm not suggesting mass digital group hugs or anything too fluffy. Just be Active.

Seamus

sadly I also agree that the DEV's will respond more to Complaints than requests. I cna kind of understand why - complaints =  unhappy = less subs = no game.

I just hope the DEV's also know that Creativity = more subs = longer lasting game! smile

And the players are a massive source of creative ideas! Not always good ideas but def creative wink

Seamus

I don't see anything wrong with responding to negative feedback. There's nothing to change in response to positive feedback, obviously.

I would also support some sort of credit for ideas from players that get implemented. But sometimes that's difficult to do, because multiple people come up with similar ideas and discuss them in various mediums at various times.