1 (edited by Umlaut 2010-12-29 12:29:54)

Topic: Make pvp possible for newcommers and small corps (ex: Landing crafts)

Hi,

I am quite new to this game and what I have ssen so far is that the beta islands are controled by some bic corps.
Ther is no way for a small corp to do some guerillia tactics as the teleporters are controled by those corps.
While it would be logical in a world like Perpetuum that ther are posibilities to land bots on every place of the islands, maybe this would be a too powerfull feature.
But why not implement some landing craft type ot bot.
Whith this you could load an amount of otehr bots and land anywhere on the coast of every island.
That way there would be some action comint into pvp and it would not be so much centered around those teleporters.
And also I thinc smaler corps could also strike and have some fun.

Regerds,

Umlaut

Re: Make pvp possible for newcommers and small corps (ex: Landing crafts)

not a bad idea at all, would be tough to implement though, you'd have to have a limit or something on the number of bots you could bring over, otherwise you'd get huge invading armies wandering all over islands. Perhaps this in conjunction with some type of defensive weapon to counter would be a good idea?

Also, if you're looking for PVP, check norhoop, or even hakkagaros if you're ballsy enough. We watch the gates, but i've noticed quite a bit less of it on norhoop, and hakka they will let you get off the gate, just not very far until a response is formed smile

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

I like the idea too, at least in terms of gameplay. If there were troop-carrying boats, though, wouldn't there be anti-troop-carrying boats? I don't want this to escalate to a naval game.

Possibly an armored inter-island missile, that is buffeted on its way back down by Nia's "natural" anti-air defenses, and finally breaks up, depositing the landing party at a random location, not just on the coast, but anywhere randomly within the island's area.

Regardless of whether it's a boat or a missile, there would be several new mechanisms to snatch a group (all members of a squad within a certain radius of an activating module? some sort of waiting room within a terminal?) to be delivered, and to specify the destination island.

naval warfare omg yes

5 (edited by XB63A 2010-12-29 07:45:15)

The problem to be solved is infiltration. If the entry points to an island are all known, it is very easy to watch who comes and goes. If there were a method to infiltrate an island, with a small recon team, for example. They could then set-up a teleport beacon for the rest team. That would be good for the game.

Maybe a one-way teleport, with a sizable margin of error. Correctable to some extent by extensions. You use the Map to pick a destination. Fire it up. You land in some proximity to where you chose on the map. Maybe even a chance that the whole thing blows up with you in it.

Tha landing craft thing was only an idea to make pvp possible for newcommers and small corps also.
So what XB63A writes may work as well.

The main thing missing here is that newcomers and small corps can not participate in pvp. Well, not in a rewarding way.
I do not mind getting my bot blown up as long as I get a decent chance to get some reward.
The way it is today I only get a 100% chance to be blown up. No motivation there for me.

So, what XB63A writes may work as well, but I think there should also be the possibility to return the same way. All limitations of pvp as they are now aplied, sure (think its a one minute timer).
Also, what L1fe3looD says that there should be a limited number of bots to be transfered would be ok I guess.
Eaven the big corps could use this to make a breadgehead around a teleporter for example.

I think this would make pvp fun for everyone, not just for a few.

Ekim wrote:

naval warfare omg yes

water + electronics = fail
hehehe
big_smile

Umlaut wrote:

Tha landing craft thing was only an idea to make pvp possible for newcommers and small corps also.
So what XB63A writes may work as well.

The main thing missing here is that newcomers and small corps can not participate in pvp. Well, not in a rewarding way.
I do not mind getting my bot blown up as long as I get a decent chance to get some reward.
The way it is today I only get a 100% chance to be blown up. No motivation there for me.

So, what XB63A writes may work as well, but I think there should also be the possibility to return the same way. All limitations of pvp as they are now aplied, sure (think its a one minute timer).
Also, what L1fe3looD says that there should be a limited number of bots to be transfered would be ok I guess.
Eaven the big corps could use this to make a breadgehead around a teleporter for example.

I think this would make pvp fun for everyone, not just for a few.

It would give the "big alliances" a massive headache is what it would do lol. That being said, the idea is legitimate, and you're right, in that a single small corp engaging an entire alliance isn't going to want to do so for long. On the other hand, you could work with one of the alliances, therefore using their intel and whatnot to your advantage.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

9 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-29 17:59:24)

You can gorilla warefare in this game. You just have to be smart, rich and fast. Smart as in know the game, how it works inside and out. And fast as in track star navigation Carl Lewis steroid fast. lol

BigCountry wrote:

You can gorilla warefare in this game. You just have to be smart, rich and fast. Smart as in know the game, how it works inside and out. And fast as in track star navigation Carl Lewis steroid fast. lol

I have heard of guerrilla warfare but gorilla warfare sounds awesome!!!!

Let me help.

Ladies and gentleman...
GLiMPSE's Guide to Guerrilla Warfare for Small Corporations Interested in PvP

1. Put 1 member on the beta side (in safe zone) of an alpha-beta teleporter
2. Idle
3. Wait until enemy scout has left said teleporter
4. Call in the boys
5. PvP
6. Rinse and repeat on multiple alpha-beta teleporters to have better chances of finding a clean entrance point.

Optional: Log you and your boys out in a predetermined 'safe spot' on beta and log in the following evening for an assured stealthy entrance.

As mentioned, you asked for guerrilla warfare -- this is about as guerrilla as you're going to get and the good news is... you don't need any game additions to make it happen. What you're asking for isn't guerrilla warfare, it's easy, instantaneous, no planning, no organization, PvP.

Oh yes.

Addendum: Feel free to come to Hokk but it's most effective on the other 2 beta islands as their willingness and ability to respond is much slower. One of those two remaining islands is notoriously bad at responding but I'll let you figure out which.

13 (edited by GLiMPSE 2010-12-29 20:53:39)

All of that being said though -- I would love to see drop-ships in the game.  Would be pretty mech warrior and unique.

But come intrusion times this could be ridiculously IMBA if not setup properly.

Would be cool if it let out a global on the island that like a dropship has been detected.... landing in 5 minutes.... and @ 1 minute it gave a location. This would give the defenses time to form and the defenders some time to ditch the drop zone after landing before the defense force has eyes on them.

The numbers can be tweaked, but it'd be pretty neat.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Let me help.
[...]
2. Idle
[...]

I asked for the chance to get some revard, not to be endlessly bored. tongue
You and me know that you big corps can chainlog and keep that teleporter save.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Optional: Log you and your boys out in a predetermined 'safe spot' on beta and log in the following evening for an assured stealthy entrance.

Yea, and never get back again. If by chance we are lucky to kill some of your mining bots we will run out of ammo there ...

GLiMPSE wrote:

As mentioned, you asked for guerrilla warfare -- this is about as guerrilla as you're going to get and the good news is... you don't need any game additions to make it happen. What you're asking for isn't guerrilla warfare, it's easy, instantaneous, no planning, no organization, PvP.

Sorry, I don't think so. It needs planing to go there and strike with a small force. You may not be used to it, you eaven may have fear of it, but it may make this game more interseting.
Things may change, try to adapt.
Stayng at a teleporter until everyone else has fallen asleep is not my understanding of guerillia warefare.
Guerillia warefare means to be abele to cause small damage continuously.
Maybe even with a high risk but surely with a chance to do so.
Staying at a teleporter until everyone got tired and loged of is NOT guerillia warefare.
Its simply boring and one reason I would not join a big corp to take my shift in guarding a teleporter.

GLiMPSE wrote:

All of that being said though -- I would love to see drop-ships in the game.  Would be pretty mech warrior and unique.

But come intrusion times this could be ridiculously IMBA if not setup properly.

Would be cool if it let out a global on the island that like a dropship has been detected.... landing in 5 minutes.... and @ 1 minute it gave a location. This would give the defenses time to form and the defenders some time to ditch the drop zone after landing before the defense force has eyes on them.

The numbers can be tweaked, but it'd be pretty neat.

A not to bad idea either. All I ask for ist the devs to think about a way for small corps and newcomers to have part in pvp. May it be risky no problem. But please make it not boring.
People who like pvp normaly dont like camping teleporters for hours smile

15 (edited by Ember 2010-12-30 04:22:24)

+1 for anything that discourages gate camping.

drop ships could work...

Something like corp A leases a drop ship for 30 minutes to ferry them to the beta island of their choice, it randomly deposits them in small groups around the island (turbulence or whatever).  Corp members of outpost holders receive global notice that a drop ship is approaching XXXX.  The outpost holders know their are infiltrators on the island, but don't know where.  Infiltrators need to reassemble and head make for their rally points... let the fun begin.

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

Its a shame the islands aren't physically connected.
Alas any solution has to be in the form of a teleport.

I support the idea of a semi random location teleport to beta islands. Would make things far more interesting. I miss the roaming part of pvp where u weren't spotted until it's too late for the scout tongue

Ember wrote:

+1 for anything that discourages gate camping.

drop ships could work...

Something like corp A leases a drop ship for 30 minutes to ferry them to the beta island of their choice, it randomly deposits them in small groups around the island (turbulence or whatever).  Corp members of outpost holders receive global notice that a drop ship is approaching XXXX.  The outpost holders know their are infiltrators on the island, but don't know where.  Infiltrators need to reassemble and head make for their rally points... let the fun begin.

i realy like this idea but the islands are too small tbh

i know i know people say that it takes ages to get around but anyone who has spent any time fighting a protracted engagement over an island knows were all the nooks and crannies are and how to negotiate the island without using teleporters

GLiMPSE wrote:

3. Wait until enemy scout has left said teleporter

Point 3 will not happen.
And logging of in a predetermined 'safe spot' will not be possible. You will not reach the location on the island unnoticed and gets blown in 1000 pices once you leave the teleporter.

Perhapts there are times, when the teleporters are ungarded, but to have a chance to PvP I don´t like to get um 4 o'clock in the moring. Sofar my experiance is, that a reaction force of 10-20 bots will be at the teleporter within 30sec after alarmed by there scout.

I like the idear of a landing bot (navel or space or whatever) or a random teleporter.
We simply need so many entry points, that they can not be guarded all. 50 Teleporter destiantions would although be ok for me (and only the 3 of island teleporters). Might be the easiest way for implementation.

BigCountry wrote:
Ekim wrote:

naval warfare omg yes

water + electronics = fail
hehehe
big_smile

Actually

Electronics + Electromagnetically charged water (Read the game's background) = fail

It's the game's background as to why there isn't any naval warfare. However I am "totally" for this idea, I know we would be foaming at the mouth for a chance to catch the entire mining parties (Not just the ones not watching intel chat) on the other beta islands. Biggest we caught was a 8 termis, 3 argano and 2 sequer group. But we missed a lot of them due to the teleport scouts. A way around this would be quite fun.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.