1 (edited by Agent Blakk 2010-12-28 20:03:09)

Topic: Beta vs Alpha wars

Why not do Alpha and Beta island events/wars

• An attack point or some boss mech on beta needs to be defeated. Once defeated it causes a control point to activate on that beta island's alpha island.

• The force that took down the attack point / boss mech on beta can now head to the alpha island to attack the alpha control point (This can be protected by the alpha players). Once the control point is captured, the corp/force that did the capture get the market taxes and can set a % of refined materials they get when anyone uses any of the alpha and beta refineries.

• Syndicate protection is dropped and alpha is just like beta.

• This lasts until the next event is trigged and won by someone else. Or Syndicate takes it back over if the alpha players defeat the attacking force.

Re: Beta vs Alpha wars

Your mustache is reminiscent of a dark, early life, experience that I had with an older gentleman that lived down the street.

Somehow this sounds like a good idea.

I like this idea because it has something to do on beta that players can control. The intrusion system time frame is controlled by the system and has turned into more of a show of force in a random time zone than an objective to fight over.

I think that the objectives on Alpha should require a PvP flag if you are the one triggering/capturing/shooting the objectives to still allow for a block once the event is triggered.