1 (edited by XB63A 2010-12-28 19:14:18)

Topic: Player owned structures

Searched for information on player owned structures and did not find much. I know the devs are working on this.

My suggestion, instead of structures, make them modular trailers (power generation, defense battery, repair bay, storage, factory ...) with some type of industrial mule to pull them around.

Mobile and configurable bases of operation would make things interesting, at least I think it would.

Re: Player owned structures

this would be pretty darn cool. might be a bit OP though, depending on how easy it is to set up.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

L1fe3looD wrote:

this would be pretty darn cool. might be a bit OP though, depending on how easy it is to set up.

Could also be pretty fun...depending on how easy it was to destroy them.

4 (edited by XB63A 2010-12-28 19:48:23)

I would think they should be reasonably easy to destroy, that way they would need to be defended. No three day sieges. Blow up a power generator, a defense battery and a repair bay go black. Would add some strategy on how you deploy units. Could also add repair and support roles to maintain the units during a battle for those that enjoy that.

It would give some meaning to a battle engineering industrial role to bring in and set-up an operating base.

I like the idea very much. could also expand the ideas into other areas.

drop radar from 1k to targeting range, and have a radar trailer,

you could add slots to the trailers too, and fit them like bots ( shields, armor plates, etc.. )

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

6 (edited by XB63A 2010-12-29 06:48:41)

There are a great many possibilities for EP and NIC sinks to make your operating bases better.

With mobility, industrialists could take their factories to the resources. The military could be strategic in the deployment and movement of bases. A spy lets you know the opposition has scouted your position. The next day they show up, most of the base is gone. Instead you have deployed bases in such a way as to funnel them into a trap.

Throw Terra-forming into the mix. You could have hedge rows of Helioptris and Triandlus. They would act like fences. The terra-formers would have a role in setting up bases. You might even need harvesters to cut your way through during an offensive.

These could be real PVP differentiators from stEVE.

Which in my opinion got Player Owned Stations wrong. So wrong, they had to introduce Capital ships to fix it.