Topic: [Request] API Interface for use with websites

I think we need an API Inteface to extract some agent/corporation information to use with website software as forums and more...

I need to extract a bulk data of my corp members to use with calculators, for statistics and for outgame management. Also i need the corporation statistics.

Sorry for my english.

Re: [Request] API Interface for use with websites

any DEV answer?

they say, it's on the roadmap, but can't give a date.
we have already asked for this features during beta, especially for the perpetuumPlanner.

wait and see

Is there any way to explore the Perpetuum.gbf file to get maps, item stats and so on ?

API would be awesome.

Or just some simple button for corporation wallet/assets -transaction log extraction as CSV or something would do just fine for now smile. Would make life much easier.

Mahtisoturit CEO

API is what I would consider a luxury feature, i.e. do it once everything really important is running smooth. The only problem with CSV export is that the data is paginated, so we would need separate server-side code that returns EVERYTHING.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

API is what I would consider a luxury feature, i.e. do it once everything really important is running smooth. The only problem with CSV export is that the data is paginated, so we would need separate server-side code that returns EVERYTHING.

Feel free to ignore this request until you guys feel other priorities are handled smile

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

actually i think this is a larger priority than you think.

The ability to have instantly updated political maps, factory statuses and corp logs that people can see on their phones or at work would add a HUGE aspect to the game and bring in new people to the game.

i for one think this is a necessity, not a 'would be nice' to keep the game popular.

The more data you give to the community the more fansites and tools they will make for free smile

+1. You do realize you can out-source most of the fancy niche features that players seek just by letting them build their own? An API for retrieving data would rock. An advanced API to make the repetitive tasks easier (think WOW api for addons) would be absolutely fabulous. Make it more than a game!

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The discussed OAuth2 endpoints could do this easily. Also if people are not comfortable with dropped/destroyed or even location data on killmails, you can use access masks on the API keys people share to have people opt-in on that.

Some write features would be nice too, for remote asset management and such.