Topic: SLI support ?

Hi, does Perpetuum support SLI technology ?

Re: SLI support ?

Nope. Not yet.

The Game

3 (edited by Trichoderma 2010-12-27 01:29:06)

would be very nice...

have you tried nHancer tricking profile to force SLI with the Perpetuum profile ?

Nope.

The Game

erm... how about crossfire?

Pretty sure that isn't supported.
It still works but it's not supported so results may vary.
Not 100% on any of it but apparently it uses the shared memory but only taxes one card.

The Game

There is perhaps no official profile ready....but having switched on the SLI manually and it works fine (and, in addition, the 3D vision is working fine smile)

Desthar, how did you do manual SLI setup for perpetuum ?

Trichoderma wrote:

would be very nice...

have you tried nHancer tricking profile to force SLI with the Perpetuum profile ?

Tried it and it didn't work. But then again it was my first time working with the program. I will get back to trying again some time this week.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Desthar wrote:

There is perhaps no official profile ready....but having switched on the SLI manually and it works fine (and, in addition, the 3D vision is working fine smile)

What did you do to get SLI forced on Perpetuum?

Trichoderma wrote:

Desthar, how did you do manual SLI setup for perpetuum ?

Gremrod wrote:

What did you do to get SLI forced on Perpetuum?

You can add/configure any specific program using the nvidia control panel and force at least the SLI mode (and other 3D settings if you want): I have chosen "Alternate Frame Rendering 1" SLI mode if I remember well.

I tried to find screenshots to help you and found http://www.geeks3d.com/20101209/tips-ho … lications/ that gives some details: see the 2.3.1 paragraph and use the "program settings" folder to adjust perpetuum specific settings.

I will check the details tonight when I will be back home (I'm at work right now wink)

I have tried  this in the past with the NV control panel and really never got it to work. I will give it a try since you say you got it to work for Perp.

Thanks

this is also the nHancer tool.

may help to adapt the profile and rewrite auto the nvidia driver

http://www.nhancer.com/

will try

I tried the SLI profile (SLI compatibility bits) for Metro 2033 and they seem to work for perpetuum.  This is using the Nvidia Inspector tool (can find it on Google).

SLI compatibility bits: 0x02400005
NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_THREE
NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

I set the GPU count to 3 because I have 3 gpus, but you should probably set it to whatever you are using.

I haven't rigorously tested to see how much of a performance improvement there is, but at least MSI Afterburner shows that Perpetuum is now using all 3 GPUs and that % utilization is pretty much evenly split across them.