1 (edited by ToxinTractor 2014-04-26 04:15:21)

Topic: Servers for islands

So, since the steam launch i couldnt help but notice the Q system that was added. Having just currently had a 20 line Q (Which is very good) it got me wondering. Is it possiable that we can have 1 server(or as needed based on avrage populations) for each island? That would allow room to grow and most you could add with that is maybe a total number of online players. yikes

Re: Servers for islands

that requires a lot of ressource, time and a *** load of money. Please donate smile

if we had 6 servers before gamma went down, we now have 1 server for two islands currently running.
due to spark teleport nerf and still unnerfed highway/teleport system, i cannot check how many different servers are in place (can be done by tracing your TCP/IP connections)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

We've never had 6 servers for running the live world, it's always been 3 machines, as it is now.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We've never had 6 servers for running the live world, it's always been 3 machines, as it is now.

oh, then you had them nicely distributed and i got only the ip's of those three's
i assumed more due to the pattern.

my bad

but thanks for the info - that makes 4 islands per server?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's not evenly distributed since one of the machines must also deal with login handling, another with the database, etc.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's not evenly distributed since one of the machines must also deal with login handling, another with the database, etc.

with the increase of people from steam (I guess ?) is there any "other" machines that are on the list of being turned on or about to be bought and configurered ?

We're currently nowhere even to half of their capacity, but we're checking our options.