Topic: Some questions for a beginner

Hey guys, I have always wanted to try this out, and after I saw it on Steam and that it was now buy 2 play I bought the game in an instant.

I really like the game. I really like the Eve-ish skill system and all of these things, and I find this game easier to understand than Eve.

However, I would like to know if the devs are working on fixing the small text? I have done some research on the web, and have seen different answers. Some says that it cannot simply be done, and I slightly remember a dev saying that they are aware of this and are looking into it, allthough it is not on their to do list of urgent stuff.

I think it should be on their to-do on urgent stuff. As running in 1920x1080, the menu text gets a little too small imo. The overall text in windows are fine, but menu text is too small.

Still a very nice game that I hope will grow larger now that it hits Steam and is b2p. Can't wait to play some more after work.

Re: Some questions for a beginner

I have to admit that running on 1080p is very hard on my eyes... I'll try 720p or something... idk. I know its not something fast and easy to do. It might involve changing lots if not all the code

3 (edited by Annihilator 2014-04-29 20:29:43)

up to now, the only thing you can do is check the "bigger font when possible" option at the second option tab.
i didn't have a problem with the fonts years ago when i was playing from a desktop with the screen just 30cm infront of me,
but now with mostly doing my stuff sitting back with some distance, its also hard for me to read anything on screen.

edit: and recently i noticed, that having only anisotropic filtering on, and no AA makes it even harder to read anything. could also been the FXAA option in my NVidia panel

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Fixing small text and scalable UI is on our todo, but it needs a completely new interface engine, so it still requires a lot of work.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Fixing small text and scalable UI is on our todo, but it needs a completely new interface engine, so it still requires a lot of work.

Perhaps you've done it or test it before but does reducing the res kinda fixes the problem ?

FlufyDestroyer wrote:

Perhaps you've done it or test it before but does reducing the res kinda fixes the problem ?

Of course it does, but if you're not playing in your display's native resolution it becomes blurry, so there is a downside to that.

Or just make the "use bigger font where possible" turned ON by default.

That should be pretty easy.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

That is only for chat window.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

its on by default

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear