1 (edited by Malcorian Vandsteidt 2014-04-19 15:17:10)

Topic: [Request] Character Creation needs serious Overhaul

We all know Perpetuum is great. One of the better games out there, and if you don't once your done creating your character and log into the game you find out real fast.

The problem however for newer players is many (Whom I myself have recruited to the game) Assume that because the character creation is lackluster (Low graphic profile and creation methods), so is the rest of the game, and I have to continuously reassure them that the game looks nothing like the character creation.

I think that with the steam update right around the corner a full character creation overhaul is due, to put it in line with the graphics quality of the rest of the game.

This is why:

* The Character creation screen is the first screen players see. This gives them their definitive first look at Perpetuum. Are they going to see lackluster graphics and 1998 avatar creation? Or are they going to see 2014 Game enhanced and generated profile customization and creation?

* People make assumptions about a game based on the first 5 minuets of playing it, Generally this is spent in Character creation. If the player is not satisfied with their character (despite the fact that it only represents a photo), they may choose not to play the game further, and while yes they have already purchased it, this may lead to bad reviews.

* The character is the most important part of any game as it represents the player themselves. CCP understood this, even from the beginning. And while I know quality of the game itself has always been the Perpetuum Dev's agenda, now that it is stepping into the light it may be time to expand this to character detail and creation quality.

Re: [Request] Character Creation needs serious Overhaul

Some avatars look quite nice but I agree that for first impression it should have little bit more quality. I think the developers have it on their TODO list somewhere but it's deep under more needed features/fixes.

Re: [Request] Character Creation needs serious Overhaul

Some up to date char creation would be really nice.

I was very much bugged be the early 2000 era char creation. Dont get me wrong once i got into the game world it was sweet. But the creation is AWEFUL >.<