Re: Mobile teleports and PvP flags

The biggest complaint seems to be that you can't PVP with an easy escape card in your sleeve anymore.

Which is exactly what this change is meant to curb.

Seems to be working as intended.

I have no problems with walking my fleets to internals or externals, or waiting for de-flag before jumping on beacons.

Best experience I ever had in this game was dodging Jita's swarms of people on Norhoop in my little cameleon.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It is about time they made this change.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

178 (edited by Cassius 2014-04-16 18:45:40)

My biggest complaint is it limits PVP styles, and still being able to jump flagged on any external tele.
Making this change and leaving armoured teles as is will still allow some unaffiliated person or small group to mine epri on beta with a small chance to survive.  Remember epri is Beta only now, right.

And our corp is largest in game? Based on what, lifetime accounts, or active players?
When the server was blue to us, it was boring. Jita was the only one on your side to stick around. The rest of you left, pick a reason why.

Now someone else has the numbers, the ACTIVE players, and the results in game are mindnumbingly predicable.
The only difference is we don't ragequit or start yet another forum campaign to change something for political reasons rather than gameplay balance.

Honestly I have no problem with your (or our) recruiting, how many come to a fight, who you are blue with, or even the fight results. Its a sandbox after all. Just don't be surpirsed at what happens soon.

Game's free, why not? smile

CIR Complaint Form

Another Skirmish that armors could not be used in.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

181 (edited by Syndic 2014-04-17 05:30:14)

Actually I did notice there was an armored in the back charging up just in case.

Perhaps my hope that the brief flash of manhood would persist was too much too soon. lol

CIR Complaint Form

182 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-17 13:21:24)

Syndic wrote:

Current Beta population, disregarding all the evacuations, being the keyword right? lol

Celebro this change has nothing to do with logistics and everything to do with the PVP-averse abusing beacons to PVP without any risk or consequence.

Syndic in general it does have to do with logistics you are just being more specific.

I understand your reasoning but there needs to be balance for small forces to have a chance of escape if not they won't risk it. I understand that the mobiles where a tad too much advantage, but now it's the opposite where the large forces will wipe the smaller force easily with just  blob tactics. The devs have a tendency to just flip the switch with a problem and turn it completely around in favour of another group which really solves nothing just  removes a problem and adds another problem.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Syndic in general it does have to do with logistics you are just being more specific.

I understand your reasoning but there needs to be balance for small forces to have a chance of escape if not they won't risk it. I understand that the mobiles where a tad too much advantage, but now it's the opposite where the large forces will wipe the smaller force easily with just  blob tactics. The devs have a tendency to just flip the switch with a problem and turn it completely around in favour of another group which really solves nothing just  removes a problem and adds another problem.

Lets take a second to see just how this has changed for everyone. If you CHOOSE to flag you are limited in mobility and escape.

Attackers choose to go somewhere. They also choose to flag up and engage in combat. They can still choose to lay their beacons early and if things turn around you can still jump out. The catch is now if you aggress you are now tied to that battlefield by your flag until....

A) You Run the hell away
B) Die fighting
C) Live long enough to use a beacon after cooldown
D) Fight and win?

Prior to this you could as a attacker guarantee your escape against any defending force by laying beacons preemptively thus negating any speed advantage or fit differences between the parties.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

184 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-04-17 15:01:43)

Putting down those mobile tp beacons, were a viable tactic for small groups being usually overwhelmingly outnumbered.

The opposing force always had the opportunity to shoot these mobile teleports, to disrupt a withdraw. If they are not on scene guarding, that is a totally different story.

So there were opportunities for actions and counteractions for both sides. Admitting, that the armored teleports were overpowered for the other side to counteract and need some attention.

Arguments, those present changes are good, are very biased and are with the sole intention, to serve easy kills on a silver tablet to the blobs. Don´t get me wrong, I am not trying to use the term blob negatively here, its a totally viable situation, that one side outnumbers the other, deal with it, I recon and it puts the spice into warfare. I am just saying, there should be viable options for both sides, to deal with the different situations.   

But I think this threat is done and over. All has been said here already.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

185 (edited by Jita 2014-04-17 15:34:50)

That this change was needed is not even an arguement.

> armored teleports can not be killed before they charge by anything but a gank fit heavy

> even assaults can carry more than one

> the cool down time does not allow the attacker to counter an armored even in a fleet

> armored have better masking than standards

> unlike the interzone an armored doesn't show you where they jump too

For all these reasons in order to effectively stop someone engaging and jumping an armored you need an exponentially bigger force.

While standards have the same problems they are not acute giving you some options rather than virtually none.

Even without a flag I still think armored teles are overpowered.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

So the consensus is armored teles are broken in their current form and then the patch drops and we seem to have tears coming from those who were abusing that mechanic (shame on you!).

Now the arguments are:

That "blob" styled pvp will be the only form of pvp that will be viable. 

New and small corps will not be able to make it on beta (think of the children!)

My butt will always be hurt from Syndic yarr and now the devs are doing whatever he wants fuuu

========================================================================
All this *** about the "blob" is getting pretty old. You guys bring 10 for your roam and we defend with 15 that is not a "blob". Its called having 15 people who could respond in time to defend. STC needs to stop being kb whores and being afraid to lose bots. Thats the only reason youre whining about the tele changes. The rest is just political, still butthurt bs.

LOL

Merkle wrote:

The trolls really think we care about this .. keep it up ! lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

LOL

Merkle wrote:

The trolls really think we care about this .. keep it up ! lol

Your comment might hold validity had there not been back to back rage posts by Lucian.  2/10 troll attempt, "We didn't want those TPs anyways."

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Please close thread the in game mechanics are now the way I intended them to be. wink

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Blah blob blah blob blah

The propaganda on 'blobs' and 'small' scale pvp are strong in this thread. I guess "blob" is defined as "at least one more player account" and "Small" is defined as "at least one fewer player account"

Kill the armored TP. It needs to be completely removed from the game. The only other decent alternative it to make it 20U+