Re: Movement speed is SLOW- whats the deal?

Annihilator wrote:
Ioci wrote:

As a start they could amp up mag strip bonus. 135% to 150%. A few minutes here and there adds up.

proof me wrong, but the highway boost is a straight 36 km/h bonus, no %

It could have been a bad assumption on my part. I have a Scanner Yagel what has base 100 and when I hit the Mag strip it got bumped to 135. Because everything else in the game is a percentage I assumed that was too.

Flat buff is even better. It means it isn't tied to our bot speed and can be adjusted to whatever they want to adjust it to.

Jita wrote:

Speed is a problem because they removed the extension for it.

In the first months of the game, it became standard practice and advice to put Nav to 10 from the account launch 40K EP. Nav was removed as a variable right out of the gate. Everyone had it to 10.

27 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-07 09:02:19)

I would suggest a better road- and teleport-network, side effect, new players dont have to walk for minutes to reach their assignment points and to get back to the terminal.

As example, take the Alpha/Main terminals as "center", and let the roads go from there to the edges of the island.

Ioci wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Ioci wrote:

As a start they could amp up mag strip bonus. 135% to 150%. A few minutes here and there adds up.

proof me wrong, but the highway boost is a straight 36 km/h bonus, no %

It could have been a bad assumption on my part. I have a Scanner Yagel what has base 100 and when I hit the Mag strip it got bumped to 135. Because everything else in the game is a percentage I assumed that was too.

Flat buff is even better. It means it isn't tied to our bot speed and can be adjusted to whatever they want to adjust it to.

Jita wrote:

In the first months of the game, it became standard practice and advice to put Nav to 10 from the account launch 40K EP. Nav was removed as a variable right out of the gate. Everyone had it to 10.

That said, it might be interesting to adjust it on alpha until pve mechanics are adjusted to compensate for time traveled.

Ioci wrote:
Jita wrote:

I ofc know this.

What I was saying is that when there was a skill there was an explanation you were slow and training that skill made you feel better even if it only got you to the same speed as today.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."