1 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-20 11:07:05)

Topic: Alpha one needs more incentives for all players

New players should really be a few weeks on the starting islands then it's best to move to the more challenging alpha  2.

Even sooner if not really interested in missions, and to top that all Corps are based on alpha 2. That's the first impression they will get of starting game after the new tutorial, no one hangs there for more than a few weeks at most, so its mostly empty.

Make alpha 1s facilities the same on main terminal as alpha 2 with a total of 50p and increase outpost at 100p for the 2 bonused facilities as it is now at 50p. Nobody reallly stays on these alpha 1 outposts anyways, they have no purpose or function since alpha 2 was introduced. Also reduced tax 50% in alpha one to promote trade there.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Alpha one needs more incentives for all players

I don't even know where to begin with how bad this idea is. There needs to be progression from alpha to gamma otherwise what's the point?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

There needs to be progression from alpha to gamma otherwise what's the point?

Not all interesting gamma or beta

I know they are not. I think alpha one should be satisfying solo, alpha 2 should be OK for small corps and it should branch from there.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Also the key reason facilities were changed was to decentralise the alphas so that people weren't competing for the same mining and ratting spots. It encourages a natural progression away from the central alpha 1 stations.

What I think needs a buff is Beta station industrial bonuses. They should have uniformly the same bonuses as a T1 base would have on Gamma which is about 150 points.

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-20 15:19:29)

Jita wrote:

I don't even know where to begin with how bad this idea is. There needs to be progression from alpha to gamma otherwise what's the point?

Progression for other incentives like resources is kinda of fine as it is, but having better industry as you go up the progression ladder does not make market work well. Where are the trade routes in this game? There is none.

Alpha 1 as a centralized point should be the market hubs, where you see players going back and forth trading. Tbh Eve got it right on this one. Like it is right now, alpha 1 is just empty lands for starter players, enough for the first week of play, even less with the EP boost.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita this game needs revenue.

Perp needs Alpha like EvE needs hi sec and that 85% subscriber base that never leaves it. Along with the pve alts that pay for the pvp in low and null. I know its buy to play soon, but same applies, it needs the carebear bodies buying EP boosts.

Alpha 1 has no sand that is the problem. In other games you can 1v1, steal from cans, declare war etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I wished we could see more Themepark elements.  Similar to incursions on alpha islands.  Something along these lines:

A caravan shipments being shipped back and forth from terminals to outposts by NPCs.  I'd like to see them spawn at a TP, travel a path to an outpost.  Something similar to Observers(grand) with Lithus(with shields) and travel to an outpost then at the outpost they would either despawn or work on some other mechanic.

Other mechanics, which has been asked multiple times before, alpha island auras.  The npcs spawning at the TP would goto an outpost.  If the NPCs made it to the outpost, a SAP for the outpost would become live.  The NPCs would then have a relative amount of time to complete the SAP.  Then for outposts @ 100% there would be like a X% increase in yields of things, and so on and so on.  If the NPCs did it correctly then the outpost would gain stability.  I would even like to see NPCs locking out players from outposts.

There really does need to be more content that is automated were it seems the world of Nia is alive.

11 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-20 18:25:12)

I am going to respec before every fight, that should produce the income they need to fund this idea

Vroom wrote:

I wished we could see more Themepark elements.  Similar to incursions on alpha islands.  Something along these lines:

A caravan shipments being shipped back and forth from terminals to outposts by NPCs.  I'd like to see them spawn at a TP, travel a path to an outpost.  Something similar to Observers(grand) with Lithus(with shields) and travel to an outpost then at the outpost they would either despawn or work on some other mechanic.

Other mechanics, which has been asked multiple times before, alpha island auras.  The npcs spawning at the TP would goto an outpost.  If the NPCs made it to the outpost, a SAP for the outpost would become live.  The NPCs would then have a relative amount of time to complete the SAP.  Then for outposts @ 100% there would be like a X% increase in yields of things, and so on and so on.  If the NPCs did it correctly then the outpost would gain stability.  I would even like to see NPCs locking out players from outposts.

There really does need to be more content that is automated were it seems the world of Nia is alive.

Nice idea Ville.

I would go a step further and change alpha 1 outpost player ownership with Saps but with the old intrusion system, ofc a war declaration system will need to be implemented first. Ownership will offer similar advantages to beta OP.

RIP PERPETUUM

Not mine, just seen it suggested on the forums a million times, and it sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-j7B_5 … Vi4sHak14Q

NPC events, that's it. Like an invasion of racial/counterracial NPCs, NPC wars, etc etc.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086