Topic: Question about qty and cycle production

Hi,
i have a question about process of production : you can set qty of items you want or the number of cycle.

For example :
I can manufacture 1 item with 2 cycles, this gives me 2 items
or
I can manufacture 2 items in 1 cycle, this gives me 2 items too

But in the first case, the CT will be more degraded.

That's my question : why upper the number of cycles of production with extension ? is useless, isn't it ?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad english.
Regards

Re: Question about qty and cycle production

try to produce ammo over night with high efficiency for a whole corp...
the more-cycle-extensions comes in very handy for that (when one cycle only needs 2 hours for 6k Ammo)

also, mech production - theres nothing more anoying then knowing your production is finished at 3 o'clock in the night, and the next cycle could already beginn.
For PvP Corps the production lines should never stand still.

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
Do you mean that manufacturing 2 items in 1 cycle take the same time than manufacturing 1 item in 1 cycle ?
In this case, the number of items in 1 cycle is parallel and cycles are sequential ?

For example, somes cases studies :
1 cycle of manufacturing missiles take 1 hour (for example)

Manufacturing 1K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 2K missiles after 1 hour
Manufacturing 1K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 4K missiles after 2 hours

Does i'm right ?
Thanks you very much.

nope
bit if you are using high decoder for ammo, and got high standing on a lvl3 factory + the extension that is increasing time efficiency, then ammo production is really fast.

Yes, thats right

Ok thank you very much

7 (edited by Deliv Erance 2010-12-21 20:06:27)

cyberbobjr wrote:

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
Do you mean that manufacturing 2 items in 1 cycle take the same time than manufacturing 1 item in 1 cycle ?
In this case, the number of items in 1 cycle is parallel and cycles are sequential ?

For example, somes cases studies :
1 cycle of manufacturing missiles take 1 hour (for example)

Does i'm right ?
Thanks you very much.

I'm pretty sure thats slightly wrong,

This is how i think it works;

Manufacturing 2K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours
Manufacturing 1K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour and then another 1K missiles after another hour
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours and then another 2K missiles after another 2 hours

edit; this is from my own experience about 2hrs ago when i made 20K missiles over 4 cycles of 5 items

The programmed extension just allows you to queue up more runs at the cost of ct degradation.  It doesn't save time, just allows for less management.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Deliv Erance wrote:

Manufacturing 1K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour (correct)
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours (correct)
Manufacturing 1K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour and then another 1K missiles after another hour (+ a few minutes because CT damage)
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours and then another 2K missiles after another 2 hours(+ a few minutes because CT damage)

other example:

• time: 0:00 -> your going to start a production run for something that takes 4 hours to build per cycle, and going to bed after that, with a long a regular 8 hour workday following.
    time: 4:00 -> your production is finished, but your sleeping
    time: 7:00 -> before going to work, your starting up perpetuum, just to start another cycle
    time: 11:05 -> production finished, but your at work until 18:00
    time: 19:00 -> your back at home, starting up perpetuum and you got two production runs done

• time: 0:00 -> same situation, but this time, you start with 5 cycles
    time: 4:00 -> first cycle done, enough materials in storage, next cycle starts
    time 8:05-> your at work, but the second cycle has finished, and the third one starts
    time 12:10 -> your still at work, and the fourth cycle starts
    time 16:20 -> because you had enough materials in your storage, the fifth cycle starts
    time 19:30 -> your loading up Perpetuum and looking at 5 stacks of whatever your production was (if each stack was 5k ammo, you would have 25k ammo, instead of 10k)

I iz confuzed, i dont have an indy char so it may mean more sense to them that do, can you explain what the relevant skills do that affect this.  The examples above are great but can you associate them to the skills that affect them

yes i know my corp can tell me, but i thought it would help everyone asking the questions of the top of my head wink

finish your bacon sandwich first, then we'll talk

Hi,

Annihilator wrote:
Deliv Erance wrote:

Manufacturing 1K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour (correct)
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 1 cycle = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours (correct)
Manufacturing 1K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 1K missiles after 1 hour and then another 1K missiles after another hour (+ a few minutes because CT damage)
Manufacturing 2K missiles in 2 cycles = give me 2K missiles after 2 hours and then another 2K missiles after another 2 hours(+ a few minutes because CT damage)

other example:

• time: 0:00 -> your going to start a production run for something that takes 4 hours to build per cycle, and going to bed after that, with a long a regular 8 hour workday following.
    time: 4:00 -> your production is finished, but your sleeping
    time: 7:00 -> before going to work, your starting up perpetuum, just to start another cycle
    time: 11:05 -> production finished, but your at work until 18:00
    time: 19:00 -> your back at home, starting up perpetuum and you got two production runs done

• time: 0:00 -> same situation, but this time, you start with 5 cycles
    time: 4:00 -> first cycle done, enough materials in storage, next cycle starts
    time 8:05-> your at work, but the second cycle has finished, and the third one starts
    time 12:10 -> your still at work, and the fourth cycle starts
    time 16:20 -> because you had enough materials in your storage, the fifth cycle starts
    time 19:30 -> your loading up Perpetuum and looking at 5 stacks of whatever your production was (if each stack was 5k ammo, you would have 25k ammo, instead of 10k)

But in this case why you don't do 1 cycle with a qty of missiles to 25 ? it's the same ?

these are 2 extensions :
intensive mass production - raise the maximum number of manufactured items in 1 cycle by 1
programmed mass production - raise the maximum number of cycle by 1

It's better to firstly upgrade "intensive mass production", and when "intensive mass production"  is at max, we can upgrade the "programmed mass production". Are you agree with that ?
Thanks for your help.
regards

if you look at the complexity of those extension, and how long it takes to skill them up -  i would say "intensive 6" and "programmed 4" is all im gonna have for a loooong time.

But in this case why you don't do 1 cycle with a qty of missiles to 25 ? it's the same ?

because you cant get that much quantity for one line. 6 to 7 items per run per line is maximum you will see for a long time if you don't ignore your other production extensions. And in case of ammo, the production-times are really short (compared to mechs which take days)

Thank you Annihilator, you have given all the answers to my questions smile with your help i've understand all principles.
Thanks to all other answers.
Have a nice day.
Regards