Topic: Research: Small Autocannon

I have both the extensions and the CP, but the game won't let me research.

Re: Research: Small Autocannon

Is there an error?

It says I have to "Research" the basic extensions.  It won't tell me what those extensions are though.

Well, for the standard light autocannon that's "Research: Common technology", because it's on the "common" research page. Do you have that on level 1 at least?

A corp mate came on and showed me where the proper extension was located.  However, this is like the 4th time in the couple of days I've been playing, that the mission text or information windows that are necessary to understanding the game have been either flat out wrong or unhelpful.  I have to tell you, in the hopes that you guys do better, that these small things can really turn people off when they are just trying to learn your game.  I have 10yrs in the genre and 2yrs in Eve, so this should really be a piece of cake to get used to, imagine how it must be for someone who has never played Eve or who is new to gaming?

Love the concept and I see the potential but you have to pay attention to the details.  Thanks.

There should be a game mechanic (like when you mouse over lvl 1 tech tree item, it says you do not have extension or maybe its red) to let players know you cannot learn them.

Hard to follow along explanations sometimes with a player who is not familiar with the game or game mechanics/terminology.

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

The tooltip says "You must upgrade the appropriate "Research" extension". Since the research extensions are named after the research pages, we thought people can put 1+1 together, but it looks like we should specify then.

Is there any reason not to be specific?  Bottom line is it is your money not mine, so do what you want.

Don't tell me this is harder than Eve were you need to, find out with skill you need, look in the market for the specific book required for that skill then go out 10 odd jumps to buy them, whilst after you inject said skill, telling you are missing a pre-requisite of that skill book.

C'mon guys there is only 5 research extensions, but please do specify, can never be too thorough smile

RIP PERPETUUM

@Celebro, I never said it was harder than Eve.  You are reading too much into what I said.  I think it is easier than Eve.  In fact, I told the 6 people I play with that it is Eve-Lite, but mechanics are still confusing.  Now that alone doesn't mean we wouldn't play.  I'm just making a suggestion.  /shrug

11 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-03 17:57:04)

Jadal wrote:

@Celebro, I never said it was harder than Eve.  You are reading too much into what I said.  I think it is easier than Eve.  In fact, I told the 6 people I play with that it is Eve-Lite, but mechanics are still confusing.  Now that alone doesn't mean we wouldn't play.  I'm just making a suggestion.  /shrug

Got it, just trying to make a comparison, hope you can convince more Eve players to try it out, and please do tell which mechanics you find confusing here.

RIP PERPETUUM

The next patch will upgrade this to show the specific extension.

If we end up not playing, the big reason will be the lack of population.