1 (edited by Marmon 2014-02-28 21:56:33)

Topic: Geoscanner charges

Why are we unable to produce geoscanner charges ? (Tile/area based, directionnal, articfact charges)

I really don't understand why you consider those charges any differently than ammos.

Re: Geoscanner charges

Geoscanner charges are a 'NIC sink;, they are not used in great quantity compared to ammo or miner charges.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Geoscanner charges are a 'NIC sink;, they are not used in great quantity compared to ammo or miner charges.

Because they re not used in great quantities, we shouldn't be able to make them ?

I want to have a choice to produce them or not. I think it is important to be able to produce everything that you use, even more in gammas islands. (ok they're gonna be closed for a while but still...)

The economy will fail if there is no way to remove nic from circulation. Therefore there must be things that you cannot produce and must spend NIC on. Charges are one of them.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

The economy will fail if there is no way to remove nic from circulation.

You know, if i produce something, I use ressources that I have either mined or bought. In the first case, i've used ressources that i didn't sold. In the other i have spent NIC..

Yes it s possible to make profit by selling them but as Celebro said they are not used in great quantites so it s not going to happen.

Btw there should be a way to get those charges in gammas. We have the technology to built alien's outpost but we re too stupid to understand how to make some geoscanner charges big_smile

6 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-01 02:51:39)

Marmon wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Because they re not used in great quantities, we shouldn't be able to make them ?

I didn't say that, it was a comparison to ammo which is used much more, the reason it's there is because this game needs a NIC sink even if its small amounts.

RIP PERPETUUM

7 (edited by Marmon 2014-03-01 02:56:05)

Now the NIC sink are Teleporters, it shouldn't be charges anymore.

edit : and sparks tp

deja vu

Marmon wrote:

Now the NIC sink are Teleporters, it shouldn't be charges anymore.

edit : and sparks tp

You can't rely on a few items for NIC sinks. The game changes with updates and NIC sinks will go up and down widely depending on the demands. So having a lots of items as NIC sinks, at least you can ensure a stable sink without micromanaging.

Charges are cheap and easily transported to gamma/beta, and I don't see a lack of stuff to build anyways. What's the point anyways?

BTW terraforming charges was the largest NIC sink.

RIP PERPETUUM