Topic: Why is this game such a bore?

First, I played, and loved EVE Online, so what I am about to say here is not because I don't like these kind of MMOs. And at first, I liked how similar this game to EVE.

But opposite to EVE, this game is boring.
1) The constant walking is tedious and mind numbing. Even the faster bots pull only a 100kmph speed, and the others are even slower. Putting mission objectives relatively far away just makes this worse. I'm not exageration, you usually spend 5 boring minutes to get to an objective, you do 2 minutes fighting, and then 5 minutes walking bact to your terminal. And before you say "but EVE also had long travels". Yes, but you could just switch on the autopilot, and your ship would go to the destination. Here, you have to guide your bot manually, because autopilot can only go in a straight line. Sure, you have some accelerator stips, but those are few and short. The placement of them does not make any sense by the way. If those were made like highways, and serve the same purpose, they would be longer and reach to every direction of the map.

2) I don't know if this improves in the later parts of the game, but level 0-1-2 missions are few and far between. There are oly maybe 3-4 missions /levels, and you have to repeat and repeat and repeat them, if you want to do mission. It is ridiculous. Does this improve later?

Everything else is OK with the game, but these 2 problems are just killing every bit of fun.

Re: Why is this game such a bore?

Eve had the same problem in their first 4 years. Things take time and money to develop. This team is still small with small budget. Just have to give a chance to grow into something.

Kokomut wrote:

Eve had the same problem in their first 4 years. Things take time and money to develop. This team is still small with small budget. Just have to give a chance to grow into something.

Yes that's true. I'm not wishing the game to end, I hope it will grow into the 2nd EVE, but right now, it is not fun to play for me.

4 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-16 11:12:10)

You can set your journey autopilot most of the time it works, Shift+click in radar window and you can go anywhere on island afk. You can use standard mobile teleports to get to missions faster.

I still understand your point though mission I quite tedious, and that will change after steam, with the second part of the mission overhaul, probably they should go with 'soft instances' too, where you are teleported to a mission island and you follow a set of objectives as you walk through it, then teleports you back to terminal.

RIP PERPETUUM

Devs could implement Mission Teleport System. Either give player special mobile tele with mission acceptance or have one outside terminal. No warm up time. Activate and teleport to within xx distance of mission.

...or launch on Steam and read this post 1000 times.

Rex Gordon wrote:

Devs could implement Mission Teleport System. Either give player special mobile tele with mission acceptance or have one outside terminal. No warm up time. Activate and teleport to within xx distance of mission.

...or launch on Steam and read this post 1000 times.

I will have to admit game is not ready for steam until the mission system is done completely. We are just gonna bleed players, then the chance for Steam is gone, and it's too late.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I will have to admit game is not ready for steam until the mission system is done completely. We are just gonna bleed players, then the chance for Steam is gone, and it's too late.

We could spend another year to make everything perfect. Sadly there is only so much we can bear financially before there is no game left to develop at all. But there is hope with Steam, and you don't know half of it yet even smile

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

We could spend another year to make everything perfect. Sadly there is only so much we can bear financially before there is no game left to develop at all. But there is hope with Steam, and you don't know half of it yet even smile

Is there a date for the Steam release?

Not yet.

Celebro wrote:

You can set your journey autopilot most of the time it works, Shift+click in radar window.

Holy cow this is what I was looking for. This will make the walking around less tedious. Thanks a million times. big_smile

This feature should be in the tutorial. roll

Got some hints here too:

http://sequer.nl/wiki/Travelling

12 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-16 23:55:52)

DEV Zoom wrote:

But there is hope with Steam, and you don't know half of it yet even smile

I can only form an opinion on what I know, I hope 2nd part of the assignment update doesn't take a year after Steam, but please do tell us more when you can smile

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

How much money are we talking about to realistically propel this game to the next level? What about a kickstarter or some crowdfunding? I'm sure some of us would consider it.

If crowdfunding would work for us then we'd have a lot more subscribers as it is, in the end it's the same effect. Our kickstarter will be Steam, hopefully.

15 (edited by Kokomut 2014-02-17 15:13:03)

I just think you need more people to code and bring content faster. Personally I think a year between bots is just too long.

Constant new content is the key to mmo retention and to hire new people I would think a company need a large infuse of fund at one go rather than increase in subscription which would come naturally anyways if there are constant new contents to keep things interesting.

Just my 2 cents

Edit: let me rephrase, the new content is not for our attention span. Most of us vets have been very patient, we just like new things or toys that would keep changing the dynamic of both combat and industrial. A new bot or a new mod here and there would keep people busy developing interesting strategies and builds. Not to mention new grinds for kernels and mats. Right now people already know everything about everything and that's what's making it a bit boring.

Kokomut wrote:

I just think you need more people to code and bring content faster. Personally I think a year between bots is just too long.

Constant new content is the key to mmo retention and to hire new people I would think a company need a large infuse of fund at one go rather than increase in subscription which would come naturally anyways if there are constant new contents to keep things interesting.

Just my 2 cents

+1

year is to long.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue