1 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-23 01:53:06)

Topic: Perpetuum's Vision & Direction

@Dev's

Zoom I do applaud your activity and attempted transparency with upcoming changes but we have yet to see anything close to the light at the end of the tunnel. (Steam success)

You need be much more aggressive in your interactions with the players on behalf of the dev team, now more than ever. While you may have limited resources to perform the action items at hand, it is now more important than ever  you devs do not make design mistakes. Obviously there is a large disconnect with English being a second language to you guys causing god knows what kind of miscommunication.

When you have design questions/ideas present them to the players in as a proposal and clearly state what kind of feedback you are looking for. This could be anything from balance, Mechanics, Database, Hardware and any other situation your limited staff can handle.

At this point in time any and everyone on these forums is here to support you in some fashion. You NEED to start leveraging us as a resource and not as a angry mob. Posting half thoughts and not setting the narrative is how you end up with 7 threads of sporadic dev responses mixed with confused posts trying to understand what is to come.

~~~

I honestly believe that disabling content that is beyond your proper resource management will be key to your success. I cannot remember the last time that my STARTING SLOGAN is still true about this game. "This game has unlimited potential built on a stable foundation just waiting to grow"

Why have we devolved to a state of previously having 100's if not 1000's of players in a zone to crashing during 500-1000 or so players joining from stEvE, being unable to cross player built islands due to lag.

What FAITH am i to have that if say 500 or more players hit this server it would be stable and supportive for them to even get PAST alpha. I give two *** if my gamma is insta-lock/terraformable/you name it.

All I want is to log in and see a NIA the way it was in my starting few months, teeming with life, stable and functional.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: Perpetuum's Vision & Direction

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Yes pls ask, and lets talk a bit more, we need to push together after we trust you guys!

NEED to WIN last TIME!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The planned gamma changes to might help with Gamma lag during fights if defense networks will be smaller. smart planning 2014! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Gunner wrote:

I see what you did thar. big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

6 (edited by Burial 2014-01-23 12:09:47)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

The planned gamma changes to might help with Gamma lag during fights if defense networks will be smaller. smart planning 2014! smile

Exactly. I still think turrets should be stronger with like 120m construction area diameter. Meaning even less powergrid needed to power them = even less lag. smile

Fighting every turret will be a battle not a grind.

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-06 17:01:34)

Gunner wrote:

Lol Nice one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48 big_smile

Good Posting from OP.

RIP PERPETUUM

Satirical description of Perpetuum's Community and the Development Team

Sparking to other games