1 (edited by Hunter 2014-01-27 04:22:46)

Topic: Nerfs, resets, wipes... How about something creative?

Ok, the DeV's going to wipe gammas. But maybe it would be good to save something?

I suggest to organize something like contest for best gamma base. Before wipe Developers will look on all bases around and find 3 best of them. This bases will be transformed into NPC's bases:
1) Bases will be undestroyable. One base for one island. All stuff - hi-tech.
2) No free PvP. But explosion damage.
3) A lot of NPC's around - really a lot of them (about 100 free roamings or more). You will need good military squad to be able cross this island.
4) small epi spots which contains ~10-20 units of epi.
5) Increased reward from artifacts

How it will work?

It would be hi-PvE content for groups 5-10 people. The ppl will have to defend NPC's base, else NPCs will reinforce it.
If Base reinforced - facilities won't work. Turrets inactive and so on. Reinforce timers will be able to scan with intrusion scanners. Everytime after reinforce it will be repaired to 100% and NPC will try to shoot the base again. Moreover NPC's will try to reinforce the base all the time. But there will work turrets, which will shoot the NPC's.
Sometimes energy systems will be rebooted. Reboot will take about 1-2 hours. This time will be hottest for players - boosters and repairers won't work. NPC's will shoot turrets until it will be reinforced (yes reinforce for turrets). It will be possible to boost turrets by RSA's, transfer energy and repair it.
If you defend the base - it will start work again. It would be funny to implement dropping NPC's directly inside the base. So players will have to defend not only perimeter, but also internal side.

...Of course this is a raw idea. And would be good to really give some reward to the players for their work.

*** sorry for a lot of grammar mistakes

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Nerfs, resets, wipes... How about something creative?

+1

Good idea Hunter. If one gamma just has 100 roaming npc that would incenitve some people.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

+1

Good idea Hunter. If one gamma just has 100 roaming npc that would incenitve some people.

It would be call "Delta"

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

Nerfs, resets, wipes... How about something creative?

Not terribly interested in the OP but the title, yes. This Ice Age of Nerfing is killing this game. Add some *** bots and mods or something.

Not every Balance needs to be a nerf.

I kinda like it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If zoom gave us something good and creative i think it would be by total accident.

Gooma wrote:

If zoom gave us something good and creative i think it would be by total accident.

+1 for great justice!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.