Topic: A Call to Industrialists!! Sandbox = making what one USES!

I am a PvPer first, Indy guy 2nd.  I like my PvE just like the next guy, I like watching things explode and fireworks and the mystery of loot.  But I also like building stuff and putting the stuff I build into use.  To me, this is the lifeblood of what make a niche sandbox MMO so special.  The PLAYER GENERATED CONTENT is pervasive and the devs are there to create a game field in which fairness and equal opportunity abound. 

The current sandbox limitations this game has implemented under the baleful guise of a "NIC sink" is outrageous among the dedicated sandbox community.  It is a perverse travesty and a POX upon all NIAnian industry and their respective entrepreneurs.

I call for a major change to the development and manufacture of "consumable items".  The real fleecing of NIA has occurred at the expense of the People, the Agents at Large, that make this NIA thing even a possibility.  Things that are consumed should not be an exclusive SynTec item any longer.  We industrialists of NIA call for an immediate Agent Assimilation Embargo against the SynTec Gentiles and Infidels until such time as a realistic change ensues in the markets of NIA. 

I call for the immediate licensure of all Teleport beacons, geoscanning charges, terraforming charges, construction modules, repair modules, proximity probes, and other field devices to any NIA industrialists.

DO EEET!!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Re: A Call to Industrialists!! Sandbox = making what one USES!

I support this, though it should still be seeded too as market is dead.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Agreed. Best example is ammunition: buying in Tellesis only (and maybe Hershfield) for some sorts of player made ammo is horrible. And that's the most basic consumable. Market will be much healthier again with coming STEAM and that will be the right time for removing lots of NPC sell orders.

Celebro wrote:

Market will be dead until the seeding stops.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Meh, I don't mind having to use NIC for stuff. Nic will have no use if you can build everything..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Nobody stops you from buying it with NIC. But you will buy it from players not from NPC's.

No, everyone will just make it themselves. Corporations will have unlimited stockpiles of all of it, effectively eliminating the need for NIC. For some reason that doesn't sound right to me...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

You could use that argument to eliminate all industry from the game.

I like the idea, but NIC sinks need to be checked, maybe the Devs are relying on these NPC items to flush out NIC out of game which if not done causes inflation.

RIP PERPETUUM

obviously there is a lack in knowlede how currencies work.

in theory you want to have a stable currency. in our case NIC.

if you want that the currency is ment to be stable then you need a fixed amount of it. in real life this was done in he past that the countries had the money equilant in gold (this is long over and we dont have stable currencies in RL in ages).

here in game this would mean the devs would have to give out a fix amount of nic. the ppl then can do with it what they want. the total amount of nic would never change. only the person who owns it.
but then you cant have any NIC generating mechanics either. no plasma, no mission rewards in NIC ...

if you have only nic generation and no nic destruction then the total amount of NIC will increase and increase and increase. this will result in a very heavy inflation. the nic will loose its worth very fast. and all prices will skyrock. new players will have no change to get anything because everything is too expensive.

to prevent this from happening games that use currency generation (basicly all mmos) also have to balance this with currency removal. in our case tele beacons, terraforming changes... ...

and pls dont misunderstand goods for currency. goods (resources/bots/equip ...) get build and they get destroyed. they are not the currency. but NIC never get destroyed. they only move to another player. not if you dont have anything that you can buy from the npc. then the nics get removed from the game again.

tldr / have no brain:
if you have currency generation you need currency removal options as well. if you dont do that then you get very strong inflation and that is very bad!

And that's why the  former assignment system with its massive  influx of tokens and the following beacon farming with mass triggering has been so damaging for the NIC balance. Huge amounts of NIC has been injected into the game by only very few people within a short amount of time.

I'd say vanity and fluff offers and mechanics could be a potent NIC sink - like custom coloured bots and the like. It has to be something, that is not necessary (to not damage/disturb the player driven economy) but wanted by a lot of peeps with too much NIC.

Error wrote:

And that's why the  former assignment system with its massive  influx of tokens and the following beacon farming with mass triggering has been so damaging for the NIC balance. Huge amounts of NIC has been injected into the game by only very few people within a short amount of time.

I'd say vanity and fluff offers and mechanics could be a potent NIC sink - like custom coloured bots and the like. It has to be something, that is not necessary (to not damage/disturb the player driven economy) but wanted by a lot of peeps with too much NIC.

Loads of NIC has been flushed out with terraform charges, Mobile teleports Probes etc.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Error wrote:

Loads of NIC has been flushed out with terraform charges, Mobile teleports Probes etc.

And a lot more will be removed when the Gamma balance occurs.

While this is an interesting sideline to NIC sinks, the primary reason for this post is that I want to encourage the devs to allow us the ability to regulate the economy more.  The discussion about nic sinks and their various apparatii is better left to another thread-knot.  I will, however, point out that the devs have a variety of tools to lever the NIC in-flow/out-flow. 

My argument is simply that it should NOT be levered on the product side of things, IN PARTICULAR the consumables market.  This damages the potential for market forces to truly play at their best trades and increase the viability of industrial resource flow.  Yes, they can lever loot drops too!  And this is the Dev's golden lever, we should never forget that!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.