Topic: EVE Evolved: Designing EVE Onland (article, massively)

I just found that interesting article:

1st part:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/29 … nd-part-1/

2nd part:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/05 … nd-part-2/

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: EVE Evolved: Designing EVE Onland (article, massively)

Interesting, in mentions Perpetuum lets hope it bring more people, this game is the closest you will ever get to Eve onland.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lets queote:

"The game to most closely match EVE's formula in recent memory is Perpetuum, which copied a worryingly large amount of the gameplay wholesale and ultimately failed to grip many players with its mech suit-based gameplay."

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Is the author of that blog a professional MMO designer or is he just a guy that's played alot of eve?

I worked full time for 8 months on an MMO design as a 'novice' and barely scratched the surface of the complexity of the interaction of game mechanics. Publishing an article doesn't mean this guy knows anything about how to actually make Eve on the ground work.

He just a player of EVE mostly.

Just make a game for kickstarter campaing actually, so he isnt a sandbox Developer.

Oh good to you Arga, what was that can you tell us?

Energy to Earth!

Inda wrote:

Oh good to you Arga, what was that can you tell us?

This was before kickstarter, it never made it out of the design process, but think Second-life with dynamic content, fixed resource engine and a market AI.