Topic: Engineering support bot

there is many modules with engineering, but absolutly no bots for people who want to play support, like remote repair, energy transfert or else.

any plan about this ?

Re: Engineering support bot

Use the Industry robots, most of the skills overlap.
I prefer the fewer cookie cutter robots the better. Nuimqol get a bonus to remote repairing on some robots but they're very inefficient at it.

Symbiont is the best usually.

The Game

agree with you currently we have to choose between the "less worse" bots for playing support but it would really help gameplay in party if some bots dedicated to the engineering category were introduce in perpetuum

Like I said, Industry is very good at it. It's the best in the game and the idea of having a robot purely for gang remote reps and energy transfer seems a little too strict. I like that you can fit a missile to a yagel but logic suggests it's a very bad idea.

Same for shields on a remote repair robot. Derp.

The Game

Just responding as I read these 'request' not checked my facts, but is there a 'medic' tuning?

something you could fit that improves the efficency of energy transfers?

there are repari tunings, but nothing that makes energytransfer even more efficient as they already are.

7 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-20 01:43:17)

~ nvm.

I like this idea. Combat agents could use a couple more routes for specialization other than Ewar and Dps (Plus the as-yet untested Nexus support). Currently, industrial players can choose from several paths: Mining/Harvesting, Manufacturing, Prototyping, Logistics, Marketing, and Reverse Engineering. I think that more specialization on the combat side could only result in more interesting battles and more goods being produced in the economy.