Topic: T4+ Sensor Amps and T4+ RSA's

Topic

End game locking range/speed mods

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Re: T4+ Sensor Amps and T4+ RSA's

-1 ewar ranges are already too high

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Ur saying that like u cant get seth and gropho to hit at 1200m

With RSAs sure. That pushes the follow bot problem even further.

Then recruit a dedicated logistics pilot.  Like us.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jibril mazit wrote:
Line wrote:

Seth needs direct LOS for that and Gropho needs a clear arch. Basically all of the high slots are range extenders so no EW resistance whatsoever not to mention very crappy tank because of coreactor(s).

Zenith on the other hand reaches 1000m optimal for suppressor with just a single range extender and *** overpowered EW nexus. Add anoter range extender and Zenith will be close to the range of the Seths and Grophos.

Zenith needs no LOS whatsoever.

Burial wrote:
Jibril mazit wrote:
Line wrote:

Seth needs direct LOS for that and Gropho needs a clear arch. Basically all of the high slots are range extenders so no EW resistance whatsoever not to mention very crappy tank because of coreactor(s).

Zenith on the other hand reaches 1000m optimal for suppressor with just a single range extender and *** overpowered EW nexus. Add anoter range extender and Zenith will be close to the range of the Seths and Grophos.

Zenith needs no LOS whatsoever.

Let me ask this.

What do you think the role of EW is?

The whole point of EW is to make DPS less effective. If it can't do that then it's not worth fielding.

If EW wasn't capable of reaching 1200m, as the defending feild commander, how would you counter the Gropho?

8 (edited by Burial 2013-12-23 20:43:18)

I completely agree with it. The range is not really an issue here, but the current game mechanics favor EW too much.

You can fit RSAs on your friendly EW to be RSA buddies with, you have great Nexuses that work well with EW(farlock, fastlock and EW) etc. EW can reach huge ranges easily and don't require any sort of LOS calculations, can have great masking and so forth. Zenith gets 1k+ range with Nexus and a single range extender, but if you try to get that range on your heavy, you will gimp it out completely both tank and EW resistance wise.

Biggest problem here is that a combat bot can be either EW resistant or range, not both all at once, atleast not without a follow bot and even then it's not that great when looking at the numbers.

Nerf EW nexus to 15-20% at level 10. Make Zeniths and Vagas fit one additional extender to reach those ranges.

// +1 to this thread btw. It was made as a troll thread that inadvertedly nerfs suppressors.

Let me put these 2 quotes together for you

You can fit RSAs on your friendly EW to be RSA buddies with,

combat bot can be either EW resistant or range, not both all at once, atleast not without a follow bot

RSA buddy and Follow Bot are the same thing. There are also Combat specific Nexus's, especially at lvl 10.

Critical Hit, Assault for direct DPS and Farlock and Lock Booster to reduce the effectiveness of supression.

They can have (3) of (4) of those active.

If you're going to pimp out the EW side, with Nexus and follow bots, then you have to Pimp the other side too.

For each EW bot fielded, fleets sacrifice their maximum DPS potential. EW's also have no tank whatsoever compared to their Mech counterparts, nevermind the Heavy variants.

So a fleet that fields many EW bots gimps itself (DPS, Tank) to counter one specific setup - Plated Heavy Spam. It works like a charm against that, but not much else.

Paper kills rock.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Burial wrote:

You can fit RSAs on your friendly EW to be RSA buddies with, you have great Nexuses that work well with EW(farlock, fastlock and EW) etc. EW can reach huge ranges easily and don't require any sort of LOS calculations, can have great masking and so forth. Zenith gets 1k+ range with Nexus and a single range extender, but if you try to get that range on your heavy, you will gimp it out completely both tank and EW resistance wise.

Burial wrote:

Biggest problem here is that a combat bot can be either EW resistant or range, not both all at once, at least not without a follow bot

I know I snipped out other aspect of your argument, but I just want to highlight a fundamental flaw in the argument you keep making.

Each time you talk about Ewar as OP you presume there is always follow or friendly RSA support with Nexus.

Then you compare to Heavy Mech without any friendly support, even though follow RSA and Nexus can be used as well ...in addition to the common industrial repper.

You're jumbling support issue with ewar issue in general. They are separate and distinct.

But if you insist on analyzing ewar with support then you should be consistent and analyze Heavy bot with support as well.

Or is your argument so poor that you need to skew and confuse it?

Sparking to other games

Those you need to increase your max locking range. Atm it's 1305 which is non-reacheable by non-Zeniths. Increasing it even more will turn Project Ewarium itno Project Zenithium.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Need 1800+ to suppress turrets

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

It's Indas fault.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.