Re: Terraforming bug aftermath

Cassius wrote:

Norrdec ... please tell me why all these Gamma changes that have apparently allowed us to exploit and kill everyone's base, and yet Imidero and Bergers still stand? Our bases have the same defences and were built under the same mechanics as everyone elses, but you guys haven't killed them, yet.

Maybe we kill bases because of the numbers we bring? Maybe its not exploits?

You guys are killing the Hun base PRIMARILY because we did not defend or even monitor it when we could have, or should we simply endlessly repeat what you guys say ... Wahh Wahh, you killed a base, you're exploiting!!

So you are killing a base that wasn't defended properly. Good for you. We do the same and tears never stop.

There is no difference between how you and us play. We are all bound by the same mechanics.

Quite simply, we already stopped playing by and large out of boredom when the 2D/3D change got introduced. This was after your entire attack campaign against <12>'s holdings on Domhalarn was grinded into logged-off paste and you were reduced to Burial being the one-man-army trying to ninja saps with sequer bombs.

You couldn't be bothered to defend or even monitor an allied base? Sounds like you're getting a bit bored of Perp. Gonna be taking a break soon like the rest of your guys?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Cassius wrote:

Your force projection has been a result of playing numbers, not SpT and/or lack of it, and this validates our arguments in the SpT discussion, not yours

Cassius, when I was playing with you in War Dec I had no idea you were so thick headed. SpT thread is about Instant PvP Force Projection.

Instant. Instant. Instant. Instant. Instant.

Force Projection in general can be many things and having superior numbers typically matters. Force Projection comes in so many colors and flavors I cannot begin to describe.

SpT is only about INSTANT force projection you thick headed head mug. And your 10-15 minute fix suggestion is another example of how you don't understand the problem. Strategically, 15 minutes is about as instant as no minutes. If you had any concept of pvp strategy you would see this. But you don't because your mind is more in the production realm or somewhere. I'm sure you could educate me all day in many areas of the game, but clearly not PvP.

No one on 'our side' of the SpT debate has been saying that we need SpT removed to defeat STC (and allies). And if anyone wrote that they are dead, dead wrong. You guys are a pile of carebears with some PvP hobby interest. But you keep spewing and spewing and spewing that same *** line. My God Man!

And Line, the reason 'our side' has repeated itself over and over on forums is that we (or at least I) hoped to get the concept through your thick heads. But no, there is no penetrating that fortress. You should hope your gammas have a fraction of the defenses your Pant Hats possess.

Cassius wrote:

You guys see the STC corp tag and assume "protect an advantage"

Dude, over and over and over you seem to think you know the reasons and motivations behind everything and everyone. You don't. You are so committed to your pre-wired thoughts, you're the one not thinking. Guess what my man, you don't know what I'm thinking or why I do and say what I do. But I will give you a hint. I explain it black and white most the time. Take it at face value.

Also, Cassius, over and over and over again I read forum post from you about "when I was in War Dec/62nd we would this and we thought that." Bro you don't know what the *** you are talking about. When you were in War Dec you were innovating Noragis Farms on beachheads. Stop trying to write the history of War Dec. You can't even see whats happening in the present.

Cassius wrote:

You guys are killing the Hun base PRIMARILY because we did not defend or even monitor it when we could have

Do I even need to comment on this? I thought the line was we took your base becuase of the bug, but apparently it was because you didn't do *** about it. So I guess the real line is we-did-nothing-but-if-we-did-we-would-win-so-Zoom-give-us-back-our-base.

roll

Sparking to other games

28 (edited by Norrdec 2013-12-20 02:15:49)

^ this is my new favorite person in Perp.

Rex said stuff

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rex, you look like somewhat intelligent person so try to explain to me how sparking is no-longer instant. Only thing changed is the amount of Spark slots but the sparking mechanic, the instant part, it's still the same.

Burial wrote:

Rex, you look like somewhat intelligent person so try to explain to me how sparking is no-longer instant. Only thing changed is the amount of Spark slots but the sparking mechanic, the instant part, it's still the same.

Current proposed nerf not enough. period.

Sparking to other games

32 (edited by Burial 2013-12-20 03:47:51)

No ***. It needs a nerf but at the same time, travel system needs a buff.

Burial wrote:

well a cool down was sugjested but your side keept on abouth how its was going to kill the game and so on..

Zoom also decided that Forceprojection was some thing we all made up in our minds and dint whant players to stare at a terminal background (startwalking?) 

I agree tho current teleports need to be redone completly were its easyer to move from iland to iland and terminals but shuld be far from the oppen areas.   We dont whant it to be teleport around the world in 1min eighter tongue

I suggested a 4 or 1 hr CD.  You raged.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4h and 1h is obviously too long lol. If you were to suggest a cooldown like 15min I would +1.

36 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-22 03:03:51)

Burial wrote:

4h and 1h is obviously too long lol. If you were to suggest a cooldown like 15min I would +1.

Obviously? More likely, you are jumbling multiple navigation problems into a Spark navigation solution while still ignoring the fundamental problem that multiple, instant sparking creates for strategic force projection.

I understand that our entire navigation system is in need of help, but Sparks are not the solution.

If you want more than 3 sparks then:
24 hours cooldown on using ANY spark (you can only spark once a day)

Otherwise
3 Sparks by default, no EP requirement
48 hours (minimum) between switching spark targets (cannot easily change strategic locations)

Also:
Upgrade highways on Alpha at least.
Rework teleport network and please utilize them all.
Reconect Apha 1 triangle.
Create remote buy/sell orders.

Introduce a contract system (public/private ...hauler contracts for things ACTUALLY needed makes more sense than hauling random red bars of ***).

Introduce larger haulers

Basically, the other game did a lot of these things right for a reason.

Sparking to other games

37 (edited by Burial 2013-12-22 16:24:52)

I understand it completely. I've made several threads about that issue and suggested solutions. Here's even the solution to spark teleporting I suggested: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -teleports

You can see I wouldn't give two craps about spark teleportation if we were to have some decent alternatives that wouldn't be consuming 70% of our play time, but until that point, nerfing sparking should be treaded lightly.

Anyway, I completely agree with you on all of the points you suggested, but also find that once those are all in place, sparking is no longer nessecary/can be nerfed to hell's end.

Sparks allow instant force projection and as such need to be nerfed to the point where it's a choice with consequence, not a carte blanche to instant global response.

Burial wrote:

I understand it completely. I've made several threads about that issue and suggested solutions. Here's even the solution to spark teleporting I suggested: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -teleports

You can see I wouldn't give two craps about spark teleportation if we were to have some decent alternatives that wouldn't be consuming 70% of our play time, but until that point, nerfing sparking should be treaded lightly.

Anyway, I completely agree with you on all of the points you suggested, but also find that once those are all in place, sparking is no longer nessecary/can be nerfed to hell's end.

Sounds like timing of the change is only issue then. As long as it's gone by steam release I'm fine.

I never liked the current fix proposal. Some of my earliest posts suggested at least some tweaks to nav system, remote buy/selling, and missions BEFORE nerfing sparks.

So I have no problem fixing sparks as larger part of navigation upgrade. Bu one thing is certain, it needs to be properly balanced before full steam release.

Sparking to other games