Topic: Combat bug

Hola Senor!

Theres something funky going on with people blowing up but not dying .. i have in the logs today killing Moondog but theres no killmail and apparently he didn't die on his side.

You cant tease me like that.

[13:31:42] Tonnik > 159.07 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:42] Tonnik > 160.66 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:42] Tonnik > 142.81 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:42] Tonnik > 155.57 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:42] Tonnik > 156.99 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:42] Tonnik > 155.55 damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:48] Tonnik > 245.68 critical damage > MOONDOG
[13:31:48] Tonnik > Destroyed > MOONDOG

We saw a similar thing before with inda. Apparently STC have filed a bug report so check ze logs please.

I demand compensation in the form of a vanguard mesmer and Garj noodie pic.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Combat bug

Something fishy is going on.

Jita wrote:

We saw a similar thing before with inda. Apparently STC have filed a bug report so check ze logs please.
I demand compensation in the form of a vanguard mesmer and Garj noodie pic.

First need to give the mesmer and p0rn picture the avatars to moondog for non-pecuniary damage because of crashes in PvP.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

[14:21:55] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:22:47] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:23:06] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:25:44] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:26:05] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:27:39] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:27:59] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:28:40] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:29:04] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:30:30] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:30:53] * MOONDOG is now online.
[14:32:01] * MOONDOG is now offline.
[14:32:29] * MOONDOG is now online.

he was probably logging on his opium account

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

he was probably logging on his opium account

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Any news on this? I think its pretty important if people die on one client but not on another ...

It's a rare and complicated issue. Whenever the server encounters an error while processing a command, it's doing a rollback of that command . Errors are prone to happen in the middle of severe lag and all kinds of bad things can happen during that time (like client crashes because it gets unexpected server responses).

It looks like what happened here is that Moondog was in the middle of a disconnect when he got destroyed, and the server encountered a paradox event (hey how could he die if he isn't even there -> let's undo that -> miraculous resurrection yay).

Anyway we'll do a possible fix for this soon, and we'll see how that works out.

are people Alt-F4 ing when they die?

Supremacy wrote:

are people Alt-F4 ing when they die?

That has no use since the robot remains on the terrain and can be killed.

What I explained above is a rare occasion when a process that usually takes a few milliseconds gets stretched out due to lag. It doesn't happen during normal operation.

Fix is out, let's see if it happens again.

Good job devs! A lot of bugs squashed!

Looks like not fixed.

Today at around 7:40 @ Domhalarn. They shot me under ICS B. I docked up at the millisecond of explosion. I saw my container appear on the ground as I was docking up. When I appeared in the station I had my broken Troiar with broken modules still here.

14 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2013-12-03 07:50:03)

yeah a few days ago when -77- & Co. were attacking Novaya we killed blackhorn 2 times ... in the same bot ..... & some where in there his bot just disappeared while its being shot at.

Not sure if its related to any of the above. First time ive even seen that.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

that is pretty buggy

we have his loot

he has his loot

kill is on killboard

It only saved the stuff that "exploded". It didn't dupe items.

Actual it is a kind of duping, but as long as no side uses this mechanism with purpose you can't blame someone  for having luck.
And I assume that timing this with purpose is impossible, so good luck for both sides to have a benefit. Better than having Burial dead in terminal and server leaving no killmail/can on field smile.