Re: Option to reimbuse Gamma islands

There is no internal island logistics issue Cassius...  You still get THREE internal sparks.  Use them carefully.  For Adults, you sure do act like a bunch of 4 year olds.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

There is no internal island logistics issue Cassius...  You still get THREE internal sparks.  Use them carefully.  For Adults, you sure do act like a bunch of 4 year olds.

What am I missing? Has the distribution been decided? If so where is it posted?

28 (edited by Burial 2013-11-17 19:50:00)

Atticus wrote:

Then absolutely no reimbursement. Even with these changes our Gammas when defended are impregnable. All these changes do is *** inter island logistics and create much more tedious hauling and back and forth. Our response time to an attack becomes slower, but our defenses are more than adequate until we have mobilzed. We wont lose any gammas directly because of these changes. It just makes the average gamma mining carebears life very difficult, for no reason.

There is no reason for a reimbursement, with these changes.

We have terraformed and built outposts on many islands besides Imidero that will not find any uses because adding Sparks to those outposts is too expensive. It's already hard to have enough slots for Sparks on a single Gamma. Sure, we can do the deconstruction work and put in even more work-hours for something that should be done as reimbusement, but you can't get terraforming costs back in any way.

This thread is not about reimbusing all the Gamma islands and not even close to reimbusing the main ones people use. I'm only hoping for reimbusements on the islands that will have no future use due to Spark system change(notice that I didn't do this thread after Epriton change). Empire building is dead and we will never get more spark slots.

29 (edited by Jasdemi 2013-11-17 20:03:34)

So you invested in gamma, made profit from it and now want your investment back? Sounds legit.

@ Burial. Honestly, the biggest cost in this game had always been for time invested. And time can never be reimbursed.

@ Ville, if a gamma spark costs 3, its too high. Just my opinion. I just looked and I don't see any indication to the contrary, so I assume this is what you are referring to.

Not every player will have 10 for sparks. Even at 7, that only leaves 2 Gamma and one Alpha 1, not even an Alpha 2. This means you can only use your indy player at the main Gamma, the mining outpost on that Gamma, and the Alpha destination of his products. There is no strategic thinking of how to use them, you simply have no choice whatsoever. And my main point has been if this whole debate was started because of PvP and Beta control, power projection, it ends up *** industrialist greater than it reduces power projection. My combat only needs one spark to defend a Gamma, my indy needs 2 or 3 to use it.

I think its a valid point. You should know, you did your indy time on Bergers. Try and remember though, Bergers is one of the best located Gammas, it almost doesnt need a spark, compared to an island like Imidero, and there are 22 other Gammas with their own logistics.

31 (edited by Line 2013-11-17 20:07:43)

Better to remove and reimburse SpT extension at all and make those 10 SpT tokens available right from the start for everyone. Then don't forget to move all the players stuff from personal and corporate storages on Betas to says starter Alphas-1.

And finally, you could wipe the whole Beta ownership, letting the people to start everything from the beginning.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Burial wrote:

I'm currently counting my hours before our Gamma overlords kick me for saying it lol, but I sincerely think Gamma islands are the root of all evil this game is under right now. Epriton change is really good but it just forces people to throw a mining OP or three every week or so while keeping most of the mining, farming and building still in the un-roamable/safe zones of Alpha and Gamma. It leaves PVP stagnant, economy broken, people bored.

The man hit one of the issues with PVP in this game Right on the head.

Gamma as it is now lacks balance with the rest of the game & needs to be looked at before Steam is out. If the DEVs take a look at Gamma AFTER steam we are going to have Walls 1.0 all over again.

Mind you i will enjoy reading the QQ big_smile

But really DEVs have a think about this section of your game.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

They always can just ban us all right before steam and work with fresh, non-angry players big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086