1 (edited by Dim Silver 2010-12-13 23:43:51)

Topic: Armor resistance

Someone on this forum said that tree types of robots in this game like a "Rock-paper-scissors" and I agree with that. For example Yagel vs Prometheus. Yagel's damage(mainly) Kinetic and Prometheus' higher resistance is Kinetic. Prometheus' damage(mainly) Thermal and Yagel's lower resistace is Thermal.
And other pairs have the same.
I think that balance between robots should be a little more interesting than Rock-paper-scissors.

I think difference 30-60 much more realistic and interesting than 10-150.
And if you want to give to every robot Achilles' hill give them their own. I.e. Prometheus will have:
Chemical   40
Kinetic       50
Seismic     30
Thermal    10

I'm not proposing exact numbers, but something like that.
This will be logical(at least more logical): Prometheus was design to fight other robots so it should be better prepared for kinetic and seismic resistance. And the same for other robots.
And this will be more interesting and fair fight. And if you want to do some extra damage to certain robot, you might have to use not your native weapon.

And, by the way, we must have option to resize interface(icons, fonts, etc). All is too small with 2560X1600 resolution.

2 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-14 00:04:39)

Re: Armor resistance

I wish the counters were a little less defined. 60% base resistance before any plates or bonuses are taken into account is kinda ridiculous. If you want to counter a certain dmg type that hard, it should be a tactical choice in the use of resistance plates.

What I'm saying is rock paper scissors is all very well, but does it really have to be such a no effort hard counter like this? Something a little more subtle please.

3 (edited by Lokked 2010-12-16 18:55:08)

I agree that for PvP the disparity between RPS counters is fairly significant, however, for PvE I wouldn't make it any easier to kill NPC bots.

It's already easy enough to solo most any NPC bots in this game, even if they are grouped up.

I farm 4th and 5th Star Nuimqul faction Magnetic assault class bots with my Waspish without taking a hit, and Nuimqul bots are the bane of Pelistal bots.

If they reduce the effectiveness of the RPS relation, they better increase NPC AI.

Lokked wrote:

I agree that for PvP the disparity between RPS counters is fairly significant, however, for PvE I wouldn't make it any easier to kill NPC bots.

It's already easy enough to solo most any NPC bots in this game, even if they are grouped up.

I farm 4th and 5th Star Nuimqul faction Magnetic assault class bots with my Waspish without taking a hit, and Nuimqul bots are the bane of Pelistal bots.

If they reduce the effectiveness of the RPS relation, they better increase NPC AI.

Try to kill them when you dont use missiles...
Maybe they are not weak, but they should have counter to missile farming without risk ?