Topic: Tacklers

I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks that these alt account stripped intakt/arkhe tacklers are bad for pvp. My suggestion is this:

Reduce base armor values accross the board
Add a small armor value to all modules. (For simplicity a set value based on weight)

The idea is that bots with nothing but a lwf and demob will no longer be a regular or even necessary staple of pvp, but a regularly fitted bot will have approximately the same hps as now.

Re: Tacklers

I think they are good for pvp actually. Gives gang members roles and makes an organised gang able to catch an unorganised one.

3 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-17 23:22:03)

You don't think it would be acceptable if that intakt tackler was fully equipped and was 15kph slower? (still atleast 20-25 faster than a fully equipped assault/kain)

Organisation has nothing to do with me being 50kph slower than a tackle bot, its a matter of the alt being disposable and being able to do its job more effectively by not equipping anything but a lwf and demob.

All my suggestion does is make demobs less of a hard counter for anything other than another stripped ewar.

There has to be a disadvantage for fitting that way or numbers will always prevail.

Well if we are talking a fully fit intakt then it should be running at around 110. A tackling intakt probably twenty faster than that. I think they could perhaps afford to be ten to twenty slower.

5 (edited by CenDre 2010-12-18 00:15:52)

Once a persons account is 1 week+ arkhe's become basic transport with no capability of equipping mods. NO weapons not lwf, demobs ...nothing. Just a basic transport and nothing more.

I also think the area around teleports on beta islands should not grant permanent invulnerability. There should be a 5 min timer after which you are pvp tagged. You would still be able to pop back through should you want or need to though after the timer cool down.

5 min should be more than enough time to DC if the game crashes.

6 (edited by Bong Toke 2010-12-18 04:03:07)

So you want to make it even harder to catch ewars?

Tackling arkhes are useless half the time anyway.  The lock range is too short, lock time too long, and hp too low, to actually get hold tackle on a decent ewar.
Sure maybe a pack of them, or once in a while you get lucky and hold it just long enough for a real tackler to catch up maybe, but in general they're useless.

Whats the difference if the "tackling" bot is 20 or 50 faster than the assault?
It can dictate range either way if the circumstances allow, and the faster one can't do any dmg to you, and can't tank any dmg from you.