Topic: EW nexus is overpowered

EW nexus currently is way too overpowered. With maximum skill, you get +29% EW range bonus that applies to all of the EW equipment.

No other nexus gives that big bonuses. The bonus should be halved to ~15% where most other Nexuses lay.

Re: EW nexus is overpowered

That would basically make fleet ewar useless.  It's balanced for 25 on 25.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Burial 2013-09-16 19:45:23)

My Vagabond MK2 shouldn't be able to reach 640m range without any range extenders, not to mention I'm faster than any of the mechs and heavies and don't need LOS. In addition, there's no equivalent nexus for combat bots.

It's about balance.

If your ECMing at 640, your now tackled by a zenith and vaporized by a Seth.  Fleet battles are designed to be fought at 1000 - 1200 range.  Anything less your dead.

It's about balance, your correct.  Just not for 5 people.

And ewar nexus provides makeup ground for mk1 pilots to not feel completely gimped.

6 (edited by Burial 2013-09-16 20:55:38)

Ville wrote:

If your ECMing at 640, your now tackled by a zenith and vaporized by a Seth.  Fleet battles are designed to be fought at 1000 - 1200 range.  Anything less your dead.

It's about balance, your correct.  Just not for 5 people.

These examples don't matter because both sides have same conditions. I'm trying to balance ECMs and Suppressors against combat bots. Newbies field combat bots so why do they have to be so completely out of balance against bots that vets often use? Is it good for the PVP in this game when two newbie combat mechs can easily be shut down by just 1 veteran in Zenith or Vagabond?

Sure, vets still have plenty of advantages to win the fights, if the numbers are anywhere near equal, but with combat bots, newbies have atleast the chance to drop one or two and not sit there not able to do anything. Once bots start to drop it becomes easier and easier to jam everyone out.

Your example is wrong btw. Neither the Zenith nor Seth sees masked EW bot at 640m.

Burial wrote:

Your example is wrong btw. Neither the Zenith nor Seth sees masked EW bot at 640m.

Can you even run a masker and active ew at the same time?

Yes, there's no mechanic stopping that.

Yea, masker on the zenith mk2 is awesome. the only guys that can see you are the guys you have locked, and they are suppressed down so far they cant shoot you. Its awesome.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I was thinking more about accumulator stability.

Yes, there's no issues with that, atleast with my skills. I have issues with Cameleon MK2 and masker though.

So what's the max range of ecm with and without nexus and are we self amping or remote?

Huh..? What's the point?

14 (edited by Tux 2013-09-17 16:32:40)

My follow can run t4 makser t4 nexus(EW or Velo ) and 2 t4 rsa stable with no problems on cam or tro mk2 ... its an awesome follow for Vaga or Zenith

I think the problem isnt balance its that were all using T4 mods ... when we should be fielding more of an even mix of t2 t3 and t4 in fleets .... equip all t2 and see where the numbers land .... all this chatter about re balancing EW I think is un needed ...

The "average player" right now fits 99% of his gear T4/MK2 ... this is a crazy in balance  if you ask me ...

if anything do more to make what should be high end gear cost more / be less common... as of right now T4 is so common it might as well drop off of the NPC's walking around the main alpha 1 terminals. neutral

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Burial wrote:

Huh..? What's the point?

Because your negating having a follow Bot in your statement.  With RSAs, range fit you SHOULD be ecming at 850 - 1100.  If not your worthless in a fleet battle.

16 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 18:02:18)

Wrong. You don't need 850 - 1100m range lol.. That might be the fleets you were in but it's hardly a requirement. Zenith can reach the needed range with just Nexus easily and Vagabonds might want one range extender.

You realise that heavies don't see EW bots neither at 700m nor 1100m? Why would you want to sacrifice that much efficiency for the range you don't really need?

Anyway, as I said in other thread, these examples don't matter. You need to look at the facts:
Vagabond and Zenith are faster than other combat mechs, have longer range, don't need any LOS and aren't seen unless you target, not to mention 1 EW bot can eliminate two other bots(ECCM is a joke btw).
Whats not OP there against combat mechs/heavies?

Have you ever seen a 50 on 50 battle?

18 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 22:41:05)

I started playing around the same time as you btw and yes, I've seen them.

Your not understanding the point.  The point is a maxed ewar nexus pilot and vagabond mk2 pilot is not ment to go against a 'combat mech' fleet.  It's designed to provide support to a combat heavy mk2 fleet.

Under same logical the Cam mk2 needs to be nerfed because light bots can't easily kill them. 

Maybe your used to a 10 on 10 being a great battle in mechs but I would prefer end game pvp warfare to still be considered at 100 on 100 or more.

20 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 23:04:18)

Ville wrote:

Your not understanding the point.  The point is a maxed ewar nexus pilot and vagabond mk2 pilot is not ment to go against a 'combat mech' fleet.  It's designed to provide support to a combat heavy mk2 fleet.

You have a good understanding on what the bots should be but bad understanding on reality.

The reality is that these bots are used in all the fights, they are overpowered in most situations and it needs to be addressed if the devs hope to get newbies try any PVP at all and not be scared away by getting wiped with no enemy kills.

Ville wrote:

Under same logical the Cam mk2 needs to be nerfed because light bots can't easily kill them.

The problem with Cameleon/Intakt is that the EW has a heavy toll on it's accumulator. It runs out of injector charges and is out of the picture. It's a great little bot but it's balanced thanks to that shortcoming.

Ville wrote:

Maybe your used to a 10 on 10 being a great battle in mechs but I would prefer end game pvp warfare to still be considered at 100 on 100 or more.

How would adding bigger variety of tools to handle ECM and suppressor stop that?

But but but I have a follow Bot RSAing and Energy transferring it!!!  Its so over powered!

Devs, was just wondering. Why did you make EW nexus give that big bonus? Is it a bug? A typo?

I've always thought it's a bug no-one really talked about. lol