Re: Dynamic Ore Spawn Question.

Heliaso wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

a little ingenuity.

It doesn't allow to build wall outside 3km.

ingenuity != walls

walls are a part of "a little ingenuity"

it's you who was talking about walls in first , not me.

Heliaso wrote:

it's you who was talking about walls in first , not me.

My point was that with a little thought and some effort you can solve the NPC problem.  its not as big of a deal that everyone is making it out to be.

Ingenuity = 800K EP, 100 million nic , and/or 3 to 5 squad members.

Any one of the above would work in most cases actually...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

156 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-04 23:53:27)

Arga wrote:

STC for the first 3 months of our existence mined Epri out of NC with constant attacks by HUN, Eharm, and many others, which just goes to show that it can and has been done before.  So stop with all this doom and gloom, its pointless and not even remotely accurate.  And as of right now the game world is far less hostile then it was back in those days.

That was with static ore spawns so everyone knew where we were, and no walls.  We also, like many others, successfully ninja mined huge quantities in hostile territory, and made good NIC doing it.

TLDR: Suck it up buttercups

Martha Stuart wrote:

and that was with static ore spawns so everyone knew where we were, and no walls.  We also, like many others, successfully ninja mined huge quantities in hostile territory.

Takes me back to my glory days in 62nd when we held public epriton mining sessions on Novastrov (at the time held by our arch nemesis CIR) and invited everyone to come lol

I look forward to some hardcore mining sessions supported by multiple ewar mechs and spider shield tanking logistics big_smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:

STC for the first 3 months of our existence mined Epri out of NC with constant attacks by HUN, Eharm, and many others, which just goes to show that it can and has been done before.  So stop with all this doom and gloom, its pointless and not even remotely accurate.  And as of right now the game world is far less hostile then it was back in those days.

That was with static ore spawns so everyone knew where we were, and no walls.  We also, like many others, successfully ninja mined huge quantities in hostile territory, and made good NIC doing it.

TLDR: Suck it up buttercups

Did you just compare PVP mining with PVE mining?

159 (edited by Kokomut 2013-09-05 03:21:20)

How about just reset mining field once a week, as in total respawn in random location

Kokomut wrote:

How about just reset mining field once a week, as in total respawn in random location

I suggest something similar:

Reset mining fields that have not been used in 7 days.

A simple solution I think is to add priorities logic NPC AI. NPC should analyze the fits of players and in the case of selecting priority for them should be robots equipped combat modules. And of course, the field container should have a immune to explosions.

Ravel wrote:

And of course, the field container should have a immune to explosions.

They already are invulnerable to explosions.

Ville wrote:

2  Plan B was slightly more successful.  Kill the mobs and try to mine with a shield.  This was going ok  until my field container died from explosions.

What he mean then?

Ravel wrote:
Ville wrote:

2  Plan B was slightly more successful.  Kill the mobs and try to mine with a shield.  This was going ok  until my field container died from explosions.

What he mean then?

2012-07-19 18:48:53 = old mechanics

Yes, it was changed a bit after that in the 2012-08-22 patch.

This topic is OVER a year old too.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.