Re: Perpetuum need more PVP

Martha Stuart wrote:

This has been stated numerous times before.  Make Beta's important again and the roaming will come back.  The entire reason there was roaming PVP, pre gamma, was because the only place to get Epri was on Beta, so you had to mine it there.  If there are Indy's on Beta, then the combats will be there to defend them.  Then you will have roaming PVP back.  Until this changes there will be no roaming PVP.

Correct me if I am wrong / this changed but aren't the best NPC spawns still on beta2? You are spot on about the epriton though.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

27 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-02 18:32:28)

Yes, the best spawns are on Beta, but very few, if any, people actually rat anymore.  Most people just run beacons if they have access to a gamma base.

28 (edited by Elderic 2013-09-02 21:25:24)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

if you want perpetuum to have more PvP at the current moment time only way i see that is if circle jerk coalition breaks up a corp or 2 from coalition, maybe corp that can hold their own on battlefield without Burial or 3-1 odds, like DoY roll

you make me laugh.

Maybe the said coalitions exists because of the following other coalitions formed.

CIR
PHM
B.O.S
POLICE
62nd
Dirty dozen
AIC
Eharm
Rebel
Chaos

and the most recent partner Rawr.

Granted this other Coalitions is smaller now, because allot of them don't play anymore and some member moved into other groups above that remained to play.

So it is safe to say that coalition form based on threat, high members etc.. in order to counter said threat.

The Organization I am currently a part of consist of the following corps.

STC
NEBS
DOY
Dream
F-Navy
Remedy
TOG

Granted some of these corps only have 2 or 3 active people at the moment.

29 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-02 20:57:34)

This is the problem with this type of game, if you force players to pvp they feel obliged to do so and players whine if too much is forced, and goes against the sandbox nature of the game. If players dont won't to pvp then no matter what the devs do their won't be any, specially with so few players and unlimited resources.

Moving Epitron to beta to gank miners is not what I would call exciting pvp. (edit) This will only promote ninja mining not players living there.  Even mechs need epriton, you are just making nearly everything more expensive and widening the player gap.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lol @ Elderic's post.  Lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Martha Stuart wrote:

This has been stated numerous times before.  Make Beta's important again and the roaming will come back.  The entire reason there was roaming PVP, pre gamma, was because the only place to get Epri was on Beta, so you had to mine it there.  If there are Indy's on Beta, then the combats will be there to defend them.  Then you will have roaming PVP back.  Until this changes there will be no roaming PVP.

Beta isn't important, because it's too difficult to attack and own one; because of population and sparks.

The game would be better served by closing off all but (3) beta islands and (1) gamma, that would make them important again... oh, and get rid of unlimited sparking, so 1 corporation can't hold all (4) islands.

Arga wrote:

Beta isn't important, because it's too difficult to attack and own one; because of population and sparks.

That actually has nothing to do with beta importance whatsoever.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

33 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-09-04 00:05:31)

Shadowmine wrote:
Arga wrote:

That actually has nothing to do with beta importance whatsoever.

um... the importance of Beta for its PvP content maybe?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

34 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-04 15:03:40)

Arga wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:

The game would be better served by closing off all but (3) beta islands and (1) gamma, that would make them important again... oh, and get rid of unlimited sparking, so 1 corporation can't hold all (4) islands.

This has nothing to do with why beta's are unimportant.  The reason beta's were important before was Epri.  Without it, you and your corp producers were screwed.  The only place to get it was Beta,  thats why Beta's were important. 

Now with gammas I can roll out 5 riv mkII's with T4+ gear and clear 80 million Epri in 6 hours, in perfect saftey.  This is why beta's are completely irrelevant now.  There is no point because Gammas are bigger, better, and much much safer.  Add in the massive production bonus, and the ability to drop 200 norg plants and not have Nebs come through and burn them all down, and you have even more reason to never use Beta's except for missions and SAP's.

with 200 Noralgis plants your greatest threat will be from self harm.