Topic: Let the players decide on ore field location.

We already decide where we can place our plants, why should mining be any different. Use 'mining beacons' you place on the field and ores/liquids tiles start growing on beta or gamma.

There should be a limit distance from terminals depending on ore values and space limit between each other. A limit per island with regeneration rates introduced.

Obviously random ore spawns would be scraped.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Let the players decide on ore field location.

This is near of my other idea so I spread it here.

Now we have afk mining  (you can do it afk) and noralgis plantation (you need to be care of it growth, 8 h timer), still would like to see in between.

so would like to see:

afk     >        less care                >         noralgis rate of care

In this case you should be
                   plant an incubator or anything
                   and let them grow with a bit
                   better longevity than noralgis.

Think of it.
I think dont let all the materials be this state, a "new" material should use this method.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

But Inda this thread is about mining not harvesting wink

RIP PERPETUUM

I dont mine, cant stand it, but this is not a bad idea. would make for some interesting content for sure.

Can be this method for mining also.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The abuse is obvious.
Lets assume it is possible to place it 2000m from terminal away.

A good gamma fortress covers far more than 2000m protected range where a miner is safe. Everybody on gamma would select a place within his fortification without terminal in 2000m distance, place there all ore spawns, build terminal there and is done with fast and harmless mining. If ore is mined out, terminal can be deconstructed, ore rebuild, than terminal reconstructed and so on.

And even on beta it would be used to safe mine in direct terminal or tp range without npcs disturbing.

-1 come on Celebro your better than this.  Stop hanging out with STD.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-14 14:57:21)

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Goffer.  Personally, I would abuse the hell out of this.  On gamma at least, one could TF a box, and then just spawn Epri inside the box and AFK mine.  This would work for all of the liquids.  The ores would be slightly more difficult to AFK mine, but not by much.

9 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-14 15:18:07)

I don't think you understand this concept well, maybe I didn't explain it properly.

The idea is for players to decide where to place the fields but there is little or the same abuse there is now, even with noralgis is worse but no one complains about abuse anybody can harvest in complete safety with a good base.

You can't place them close to terminal or tightly in one corner you would need to place them spread out across the whole island.  You could fortify the whole island and abuse it the same right now, and built terminals right next to it.

In beta is more useful because no one mines there right  now due to NPC too close by, and I remember Ville saying is nearly impossible or not worth mining in beta close to NPC ecming you all day.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I don't think you understand this concept well, maybe I didn't explain it properly.

The idea is for players to decide where to place the fields but there is little or the same abuse there is now, even with noralgis is worse but no one complains about abuse anybody can harvest in complete safety with a good base.

You can't place them close to terminal or tightly in one corner you would need to place them spread out across the whole island.  You could fortify the whole island and abuse it the same right now, and built terminals right next to it.

In beta is more useful because no one mines there right  now due to NPC too close by, and I remember Ville saying is nearly impossible or not worth mining in beta close to NPC ecming you all day.

I have nora fields less than 500m from terminals ...

im sure placing fields any closer than 5k to a terminal will just get abused to no end

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

11 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-14 19:27:03)

Celebro wrote:

I understand what you are saying, I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.  I don't care if its 2000m or 5000m,  If i can TF a box so NPC's can't get me, park 5 scarabs inside the box, load 30k of charges into each scarab, and let them AFK mine for 4 days.  I come back to 70 million Epri, with no work.  Not to mention you only need to make 1 box, and just keep spawning Epri inside it.  Rinse and repeat every 4 days. 

With the system we have now, I have to hunt for it, haul all my crap out there, mine it, and then haul it all back, so I can do it all over again on a different field.  At least this takes effort.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I understand what you are saying, I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.  I don't care if its 2000m or 5000m,  If i can TF a box so NPC's can't get me, park 5 scarabs inside the box, load 30k of charges into each scarab, and let them AFK mine for 4 days.  I come back to 70 million Epri, with no work.  Not to mention you only need to make 1 box, and just keep spawning Epri inside it.  Rinse and repeat every 4 days. 

With the system we have now, I have to hunt for it, haul all my crap out there, mine it, and then haul it all back, so I can do it all over again on a different field.  At least this takes effort.

Depends on how you look at it. Having five accounts doing that means fairly high opportunity costs.

13 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-15 14:14:06)

Wow, is this thread real?

You obviously shouldn't be able to decide where ore is because you will put it as close to safe stations (safety) as possible.

Giant facepalm

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:

This can be done right now only difference is it changes to a random location which makes it harder but after field is gone you will get a fresh one. In this system you will need to wait for regeneration which I mentioned it in my OP, you can't repeatedly mine on the same space.

RIP PERPETUUM

15 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-15 16:02:51)

Gunner wrote:

Wow, is this thread real?

You obviously shouldn't be able to decide where ore is because you will put it as close to safe stations (safety) as possible.

Giant facepalm

When you block all teleports with 100s of turrets can't you do that anyways?

Edit: Anyways I already mentioned some rules in place so you would need to use the whole island to spawn everything. Read the thread.

RIP PERPETUUM

Effectively blocking an island with hundred of turrets takes a little time and dedication.

Ville wrote:

Effectively blocking an island with hundred of turrets takes a little time and dedication.

Yes I know Ville it's hard right now but, sooner or later this will happen and much easier with 100+ players doing this. Everyone will go for the safest option anyways no matter the cost.

So instead of forcing players to close teleports. Would it be better to allow players to design it from the start without need to close them?

RIP PERPETUUM

Your eliminating one of the key aspects that's being described in the 21 page threadnought.  The need for logistics.  The length of the bergers base was over 1500M end to end.  What people will do is place fields inside a fortified area and be able to produce inside the terminal and mine inside the secure area faster than attackers can attack.  There is already a HUGE advantage on Gamma for the defender.  With things like masking auras, terminal caps on an island and being able to design and build walls.  This further adds to the list.

19 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-19 18:04:28)

This would be the way to include logistics as an example only:

Mining beacons for corp or alliance mining only, will need to wait to regenerate to mine (similar to old system) so it's not abused if players need more would need to hold other gamma islands.

Titan/HDT: 2000m from Terminal ( not allowed to build terminal once mining beacon is placed)

Faction ores: 5000m from Terminal

Epitron/colixium: 8000m from Terminal

Distance between beacons: 3000m (only one per ore/island allowed)

Players need to think how to design the island more efficient way to save time on logistics, but logistics will be there. No need to close teleports.

Now with random spawns no way to plan your island or design it your own way.

RIP PERPETUUM

I know your using those ranges as an example, but anyone who puts a terminal in the middle of the island is boned.  Honestly it has good intentions but it once again the balancing for risk and reward goes out the window, why?  Because they will just block off the TPs and drop a beacon down and harvest the goodness.

Ville wrote:

Because they will just block off the TPs and drop a beacon down and harvest the goodness.

This is what we can do now. Get 4 corps together place 12 terminals evenly spaced out, block the tps, there you have it safe mining and minimum logistics, because just guess where the next epriton/colixum field is going to land, right next to your door step. You don't even need to move there just instant spark.

RIP PERPETUUM

people just want to press spacebar and win

23 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-22 22:20:10)

Gunner wrote:

people just want to press spacebar and win

Gunner: you take every balancing issue to the extreme , no grey area for you.

You know that's not true, but I don't want a second job to enjoy this game either.

RIP PERPETUUM

A player deciding where resource fields spawn is PRETTY DANG EXTREME

why dont you just ask for a "Mine Button" in the UI

whenever you press it, it fills your cargo with ore

lols

for reals

I feel like I am being trolled with threads like this.

The reality is you were completely serious and that scares me.

25 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-23 13:38:25)

Is not like you can place fields anywhere, with some rules you can avoid your illusional I WIN buttton. Still need to haul, spend time mining ..etc.

Maybe you should open a thread and complain about noralgis, which can be planted/ harvested anywhere with no restrictions.

Reasons behind this change comes from gamma mechanics itself ,right now there is only one sure and effective way to secure gamma, block all teleports, does not matter how hard or how long it takes, if it can be done it will.
The main reason players will do this is because its the only way to mine safely on a random spawn mechanic.

Blocking access in any way to an island as you have seen before with walls has not proven very popular.

RIP PERPETUUM