Topic: Signal detection

Can someone explain to me why its seems to me so screwed up? Slower robots should have the highest detection rates, it's just so easy to cover whole islands on a speedy Castel. Not so much HM indy bots but combat ones should have higher vision of the battle.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Signal detection

This is not screwed, at all. It's just one of those game mechanics forcing you to contemplate a slightly better tactic than 'guns guns guns guns'.

Doek wrote:

This is not screwed, at all. It's just one of those game mechanics forcing you to contemplate a slightly better tactic than 'guns guns guns guns'.

Yes I see, like a HM could catch up to anything other than the same class when it sees one.

Or just to give light combats a role it's not suppose to have.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Doek wrote:

Yes I see, like a HM could catch up to anything other than the same class when it sees one.

Or just to give light combats a role it's not suppose to have.

small light bots are good for scouting ...

and HM's speed it totally dependent on how you fit the robot. Can they out run a mech ? depends on the fit of both robots if the heavy is speed fit and the mech is full of plates in the feet then yes the HM will out run a mech.

also mechs having the same view range as lights is a good balance... so why dont people scout in mechs all the time ?? i think simply because the lights have better slope and speed.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

What is screwed up, is the light bot tackle classes are not balanced.  Trioar mk2 takes no skill to tackle anything without neuts while Cam and intakt pilots have to relay heavily on their mitigation of plants and ECM/suppression skills.  I honestly think the EWAR effectiveness needs to be upped on cams and intakts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

UPPED on cams, and Intaks?

Wow.  Now your completely out of touch with the game here.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Well I don't want to be captain nerf everything.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.