Topic: Research in Numbers

Total RP and NIC breakdown:
http://i.imgur.com/nlRGBNb.png

Kernel drop ratio:
http://imgur.com/YuF0h2U

enjoy!

2 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-06 18:07:52)

Re: Research in Numbers

Nice numbers, makes you think about the research is too easy, only 6.5billion nic to own all tech in game. How much does 1 T2 BPO cost again.?

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Cassius 2013-08-06 20:11:33)

Celebro, I looked on the market and there are not T2 BPO's available. I'd love to by a T2 Vagabond BPO. wink

Research system applies to all players.
When Observer spawns were broken on Beta long ago the advantage went to the Beta powers who farmed them relentlessly. New  players didn't have this chance.
When kernel drop rates were halved on roaming Observers, and in general loot drops, it made it harder for new players to catch up.
When the new research system was announced, those who hoarded their kernels and EP had no issues when the patch rolled in. New players have a grind.

Please don't look at the research system in regards how easy its for an existing player. Please look at it from a new player perspective .... It's still a long grind, and a new player can actually spend less time achieving techs than older players who consumed kernels with a random chance of it being applied somewhere.

If I had to guess, a new solo player will need 2-3 years minimim to get most tech. And I think that would be with the help of a secondary combat account to farm kernels. In no way is this a simple task to get all tech. Nor is it impossible. Its probably a longer time frame. And this IMO is a reasonable time.

BPO ?

what r we playing EVE now ? smile

T4 and MK2 bots ARE NOT END GAME TECH.........

They are NOT = to T2 in Eve

/rant over.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I am thinking ahead here,the comparison is not ideal but close and now it's not a mayor problem but, with an active market and a few thousand playing this game at any given time, you could easily get full research at less than half of today's prices, that's like 3 billion NIC , which you can buy right off the bat on the market, buy around 12 ICE  and you are laughing with full tech.

Don't even get me started with the corp research at 19 billion NIC. We haven't seen a proper corp (100+ players) around here in ages.

RIP PERPETUUM