Topic: green priority extensions

Im green, i want to do pve (assignments and stuff like that) and pvp. What should i focus on first? What should i train and what shoul i train to feild? Looking through the bots the ictus caught my eye and im sure all corps could use a good ewar dude. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: green priority extensions

For generally doing PVE, you will first want to get into Tyrannos, then Tyrannos MK2 and later, Gropho and Gropho MK2. The Tyrannoses work exceptionally well for PVP and Grophos have their uses too. Ictus is good for PVP, but it's something I wouldn't suggest a newbie player to use since it's quite hard to play and extension intensive.

For PVE, you will want to focus on missile damage and cycle time to maximise DPS as fast as possible.

and get industrial robot 4 (or is it 3) ... whatever it is to get in a sequer anyway.

No matter what direction you go in this game you must drive at least a sequer.

most important skills for the start are <pelistal robot control> and <advanced robotics>

first will get you to bigger bots, second is the most mportant bonus skill.
you should not skill any other skills (weapon or other related) above lvl5 for the start.

for weapon skills: dont skill any turret skills they will not affect your missiles and is a waste for green pilots.

Thanks gentlemen. This has been very helpful. So far i have gotten most missile skills to 5 the cpu and reactor skill to 5 each and some targeting skills (target 2 i think and locking speed 5). Since im doing assignments should i put any ep into the relations tree?

I would not recommend putting any EP in relations.  Once you get to 6.0 relations and get the spark, there is no real reason to continue running missions except for the tokens.  And none of those skills affects how many tokens you get.

Alright and what about recycling or something like that? Since i get a ton of loot that i wont use. And i might want to get into prototyping or something like that. Dont want to be full industry but want to get maybe an industry support skill or 2 up

8 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-01 16:35:58)

Recycling is mainly used for industry characters who recycle isotopes and T1 mods into commodities and materials.  if I were you, and I didn't really want to go full blown Indy.  I would just put all the T1 equipment that you don't need, up for sale on the markets. 

The problem with prototyping is that its not really useful unless you plan to produce stuff.  In theory you could make prototypes and sell them on the market.  But that is a lot of EP and kernals just to be able to sell a few proto's.  You could technically also make prototypes to use on your PVP builds, but to make best use of them, you need extremely good fitting skills, and this is a very expensive way to go.  What most players do, is have a PVP toon, who is solely dedicated to PVP or PVE.  If you want to do industry, than I would recommend making a second account and dedicating that account to industry.  To be a high end indy toon requires major investments of EP into the industry skills.  The same goes for combat.  to be really good at PVP/PVE you need to invest lots of EP into it.  So if you try and go with a hybrid build, it will work,  it will just take you a lot longer to be good at any one thing because you are spreading your EP around, instead of specializing.

Ah thanks. I think I will keep going down the pvp/pve path. And when i can afford it i will make a 2nd account. Thanks for all the help guys. If you think of anything else that would be useful please let me know thanks smile