1 (edited by Thadious 2010-12-16 04:08:45)

Topic: Chassis Slots?

Probably a bit late for this but I was not in beta.

Anyone else find it odd that there are no chassis slots and yet tons of ad-ons that should go into a chassis slot (intuitively) that are dumped into "legs"?

accumulator rechargers
aux. accumulators
coreactors
energy injectors
evasive modules
armor plates
armor hardeners
armor repairers
shields
light weight frames

All go into leg slots.  This does not make much sense to me.

My guess is it has something to do with ewar balance, but it is still kind of odd looking.

Anyway, what I was wondering was if there was every any talk of having chassis slots in addition (or instead of) leg slots?

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, the only leg slot equipment that seems even remotely leg-ish are the evasive modules.  Can you imagine how incredibly odd a robot would look like with a nuclear frickin reactor strapped to one leg? =P

2 (edited by Neoxx 2010-12-16 04:29:23)

Re: Chassis Slots?

Legs = low = reactor heavy

Head = high = CPU heavy

Maybe its a bad name for it, but it is easy enough to comprehend.

EDIT: And evasive modules dont make any sense either, because it works by rearranging the armor plates to deflect the damage more effectively, it has nothing to do with speed or agility.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

AFAIK, its not "leg slots" for the database either... its "engineering slots"

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

They needs to be renamed honestly because looking at the robots you wouldn't fit anything on or in those legs.

The Game

Its most likely forward planning for the hybrid robot thing. Weapons and misc go on the chassis.

Just need more slots imo. The lesser bots (assaults/lights) really suffer from not being able to play them with a lot creativity.

I would love for my Prometheus to be able to fix his weaknesses and amplify his strong points with items but the ability to do so is just not there. 1 head slot and 2 leg slots seems a little too restrictive imo. I mean I am 1 1/2 weeks old and I can equip sensor amps, weapon upgrades, 2 diff scanners, and a ECCM, but only one slot sad

Legs have 2 which is always going to have 2 of 3 things. Armor repair and lightweight frame or armor plate. I would really like to throw a armor hardener on there too to help his weakness to w/e element, but not possible.

more slots imo = funner game play. I mean the only thing that should be really restricting is the amount of reactor and cpu, but if by some day have 10 in all my skills that grant me more reactor and cpu I want the ability to use that to its full potential even with small bots.

I can think of many common situations where you wont fit a repper, wont fit a lwf, wont fit an armor plate, or wont fit a hardener.

Robots get more slots because they are bigger and can accommodate more modules at one time.  There are still a wealth of fittings you can do with a bot, not as many as a mech of course, but the options are definitely there.

The only thing I could see happening is advanced assaults that require dedication into robot control that have more of a certain slot, but dont necessarily have better stats.  You would have to improve your extensions to fully fit them, and they would be more powerful than assaults and would be useful in pvp against even mechs, or at least not super fragile compared to mechs.  This should only come after we get destroyers, though.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki